Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

Europa III UV-max in 6:00.

Challenged the record of this map but it's rather hard for me trying to backtrack to the stragglers. I'm not very good at that.

euro03-600.zip

vdgg said:

Midnight Tek Frenzy uv max in 9:41. Thanks to KMX E XII, I would have overlooked this map without his review.

This was great fun to watch, thank you :)

Nice to see someone actually utilized the invulnerability sphere! That was the very last addition I made to the map.

NoobBait said:

Demon Plague UV-Max in 8:30

I've never seen the map before, really cool, an excellent choice for a Max. And a reckless demo towards the end :)

vdgg said:

I've never seen the map before, really cool, an excellent choice for a Max. And a reckless demo towards the end :)

yeah, i don't see what's quake-inspired in this map, perhaps because it's mostly brown... but a nice demo anyway, i like his quick dodging and aggressive ending.

Death Tormention 3, E4M1 (The Unholy Aquaduct by Kristian Aro), UV Max in 4:30. Another cheap time improvement by me, just like STRAIN MAP13, getting anything faster than Heretic means long, long recording sessions for me.

dt41-430.zip

Doom II: The Master Levels
Bad Dreams (teeth.wad)
Map32 Tyson in 1:14

I mentioned this a while back and just kinda forgot to upload it. I was unable to recreate the desync issue, and it seems to play back fine in the latest PRBoom+/GLBoom+ release, so... I dunno. You'll *need* the latest one to play it back unless you playback with Doom2.exe (which it was recorded in)

Edit: Apparently I put the wrong map name in the text file. Put "The Express Elevator to Hell" instead of "Bad Dreams"

te32t114.zip

Jesus christ it's a fucking Megawad max movie in 20:30 (ZDoom 2.4.1)

- there's not enough ammo for map15, so I leave all those barons in the pit
- a monster teleporter in map29 doesn't work, so I leave those monsters
- there's no exit in the last map, so I press the wall and check my time in the automap, then type it

I think the jumping map (map19) made the rest of the run kinda tricky and fun to do.

Heh, that was entertaining. :) Too bad you had to kill your allies on map28 because they count as monsters. :(