Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Really old DOOM web sites.

Hell's Vendetta said:

I remember visiting a webpage for Doom way back then that i can't recall. It had a ton of wad links with short reviews alongside them. I think the site background used the green vine texture (maybe?) from the game. After links started dying on the site i stopped going there, then the site's name domain faded into into the back of my mind. I wouldn't mind seeing it again for nostalgia's sake.

I'm guessing you are referring to Sir Robin's site. The background might've changed at one point or another, but otherwise it fits your description perfectly.

Porsche Monty said:

Mr.Doom, that was it. The doomer I was talking about is Janizdreg. Not sure why I inferred he mirrorwed the website, though.

I'm a big fan of him and I've dropped links to his page frequently, I mention him on my Doom Wiki profile and I mirror his DM megawad. There's plenty of opportunities for memory/association errors right there.

When it comes to old and abandoned Doom sites, I gotta mention Team Insanity. They are probably best known for Millennium, with few people giving their reviews any recognition. Personally I found them very entertaining, with their site being my number one stop for WAD reviews at the time.

And a bunch of links to long dead sites for shits and giggles:

Doom Nation and DooM News were both big Doom news sites, the two co-existing with Doomworld for a while more than a decade ago. One game having 3 big news sites devoted to it even before the big internet boom is pretty telling of Doom's mass appeal during its heyday.