Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Another map attempt.

http://www.securitronlinux.com/files/phobosentry.zip

This is a more compact and more attractive map I have made. This is for E1M1 Ultimate Doom. I am having mappers block lately and I can not decide what to actually make for Doom, but this map is better than my other efforts so far, please download this and tell me what you think.

#EDIT, map updated, many things fixed and the exit works now.

I like neubejiita maps. I remember the last one. This one is similar, but easier.

Interesting design and layout, probably a few too little monsters for the size of the map. Perhaps a few more details wouldn't hurt, like pillars that you could hide more monsters behind and stuff.

Currently you can't actually exit the level, as there is no way to open the exit door, or to use the exit switch, as there is no actions attached to either of them. Also the door into the secret needs its sides lower unpegged and perhaps a doortrak texture on them too.

Nice work. :)

This map was alright and fun to play, but here are some problems:

• There was an unnecessary amount of trees outside the building, and you should consider using less.
  • The secret was a giveaway because of the way it had you go through an actual door. You should have made it harder to find.
  • The exit door didn't work, and after looking at your Doom WAD with Doom Builder 2, the linedef that was suppost to be the exit switch wasn't given the action to have it act as an exit switch.
So overall I thought the WAD was fun to play, but it could use more work.

Well, this map is not finished yet, I just wanted to get some feedback on the map as it is. I will fix the secret area, and do more work on the cement1 room as well tweaking the overall gameplay.

I just wanted to make a small map like E1M2 or similar.

neubejiita said:

Well, this map is not finished yet, I just wanted to get some feedback on the map as it is. I will fix the secret area, and do more work on the cement1 room as well tweaking the overall gameplay.

I just wanted to make a small map like E1M2 or similar.

OK, I understand. I'll play the finished version of the map when it comes out.

I played the new version, and it has improved from the older version. I liked how you made the secret harder to find and I liked the improved rooms as well. I'm not sure if the amout of trees outside should be considered too much, but meh, I dunno. However, you should consider placing more medikits and stimpacks around because the very low number of them in the level makes it pretty tough to play. Overall, I think this is the best version of the map, and I also make new verions of my WADs to make changes. The map also inspires me to make maps similar to yours, hell I'm inspired by a lot of people to make things.

I played the third version and it was the best version that I played. I also really liked how you made those computers in the room before the exot switch room.