Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Blastfrog

Better configuration for ZDaemon?

I normally wouldn't bother with ZDaemon (I prefer Skulltag), but I'm developing a small multiplayer mod that's intended to be compatible with both Skulltag and ZDaemon, but ZDaemon sucks when I downloaded it to test the WAD with.

Hudmessages are overridden with ZDaemon's own font, and pain sounds never play. There's also an annoying radar in the upper-right corner of the screen, and a small box with a player number on it.

I've looked through the options menu, but I can't find anything to disable these awful features. Is there any way to disable this crap, or am I just going to have to put up with it during playtesting? I thought that older versions didn't do this...

Display Options > Classic Look > On
Display Options > Team Radar > None
In console ("~"): "sitrep 0"

Nothing wrong with pain sounds though.

Sodaholic said:

I normally wouldn't bother with ZDaemon (I prefer Skulltag), but I'm developing a small multiplayer mod that's intended to be compatible with both Skulltag and ZDaemon, but ZDaemon sucks when I downloaded it to test the WAD with.

What type of mod? Would it perhaps be in your best interest to develop it for Odamex so that it is compatible with all three engines?

Ralphis said:

Would it perhaps be in your best interest to develop it for Odamex so that it is compatible with all three engines?

Oh, right, I forgot about Odamex. I'll certainly make sure it's compatible with that as well.

Ralphis said:

What type of mod?

The content of it is questionable (and stupid), perhaps I shouldn't say. Let's just say that it contains new graphics, music, sprites, sounds, and maps.

Sodaholic said:

The content of it is questionable (and stupid), perhaps I shouldn't say. Let's just say that it contains new graphics, music, sprites, sounds, and maps.

Cool. I look forward to seeing it.