Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Making The WAD End On A Map Lower Than MAP30?

Hey guys, I need a bit of help on how to make a WAD end at a level lower that MAP30.

Let's say I wanted to make my WAD end at MAP11, I'm sure I would have to make a MAPINFO Lump to do so, but if I wanted to have a text screen and then have the Doom 2 ending (the ending where you see the cast of monsters with the Icon of Sin in the background, which is what you see after you beat the final boss in Doom 2) after beating MAP11, then what would I type in the MAPINFO Lump?

Can you help me out?

Try "next = EndGameC" in your final map definition, that should take you to Doom2's cast finale.

There's a couple easier ways to do it. In UAC Ultra, after the 11th map, there's a 12th map with no monsters and no exit (with a neat credits listing and other things to look at) which indicates the end of the episode.

Another thing you could do is push your maps closer to the end. For example, if you've got a 5-map short episode, you could start the first map on MAP25, so your last map will be on MAP30. It may be troublesome to the new generation of doomers who won't read text files and assume everything starts on MAP01, but it works.

GreyGhost said:

Try "next = EndGameC" in your final map definition, that should take you to Doom2's cast finale.

I did that, and it worked! Thanks a bunch!