Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom Builder 64 Shenanigans

Currently trying to find ways to resolve this issue with Doom Builder 64 not running for users who already have the latest version of Doom Builder 2 installed. Right now I've compiled the latest version of DB64 using SlimDX (Sept 2011) SDK and I managed to get both editors to run.

Of course it still doesn't work for everyone else BUT me so I am turning my attention you guys and see what the fuck I need to do to resolve this (assuming you know anything about compiling Doom Builder). In the meantime has anyone else been experiencing this issue if DB64 is installed ONLY?

You must take the SlimDX redistributable from the SDK that you have compiled it with and include that in your setup installer (and run it on installation!). I also recently experienced that SlimDX doesn't always work right when it comes to installing multiple versions. When I spoke to the guys who work on it they told me "it works fine", so that didn't help. For the next release of DB2 I will both install the redist AND install the correct SlimDX.dll file in the program directory (where builder.exe also is) so that it is forced to use that version.

I did include it actually. I took the one off of DB2's SVN's /setup folder (September 2011) and included it with mine and then recompiled the installer. Users still say that DB64 still crashes due to SlimDX being out of date. I am thinking maybe the older SlimDX is being cached somewhere whenever I recompile DB64 but I am just not sure. Hell I even uninstalled SlimDX redistributable and SDK and reinstalled it back and recompiled the editor again but still no luck.