Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
verstandlich

How old should one be to start playing Doom?

I'd say zero. It's hard to sneak a functioning computer into the womb, I'd imagine.

I watched my mom play when I was young, forgot it for ten or so years, found Doom Triple Pack, bought Doom II, and now have a Doom game on about every bit of technology I own.

I am now looking for the GBA port at a low price.

I'm totally not addicted.

None of us are addicted. I've gone days without playing doom. Like when I had that intervention.

Around 3 years ago, so maybe when I was 16? I've played it a bit when I was young - it had me scared shitless whenever I was supposed to go through slightly darker rooms than usual.

13, because your mind has developed enough to not be adversely affected by the pixelated gore and relentless theme of murder and mayhem.

Use3D said:

All of your parents are failures.

Did you start playing Doom at the proper age?

printz said:

It was probably somewhere around his midlife crisis or something. I think that's proper enough.

I honestly can NOT remember how young I was when I first played DOOM. I've been playing it for years (as long as I can remember), and anyone (who is responsible enough) should be allowed to play DOOM at whatever age they wish. I'm not sure about the gory and Satanic themes; they don't affect me; video games certainly don't turn people into mindless zombies.

printz said:

Well I was already 14 when the game came out, so yes.

40oz said:

It was probably somewhere around his midlife crisis or something. I think that's proper enough.

This is rather amusing coming from the guy looking to buy a coffin with a front door. I'm too young and successful to have a crisis of any kind.

printz said:

What. The. Fuck.

What? It's not like i'm gonna go on a murderous rampage like those two kids at Col... Oh, never mind., different story.

Funny enough, If I played Doom for the first time in this age, I would be scared... again. Because it would have looked so strange to me.

Which will be the same as Blood. I never played it.

[PROTOTYPE] said:

What? It's not like i'm gonna go on a murderous rampage like those two kids at Col... Oh, never mind., different story.

I think he refered to the fact that you bought a firearm at the age of nine.

So either you're full of shit, bad at math, or you live in Uganda.

[PROTOTYPE] said:

You sure do seem to be referencing this a lot lately.

ellmo said:

I think he refered to the fact that you bought a firearm at the age of nine.

Actually, it was because that was the same name like that of a firearm that got used in a shooting recently and was talked about in the local news. I wondered if he tried to joke about that.

Pavera said:

I've been playing since 93 and I was born in 91 so.. 5!

91+5=93. :-o
Not too young, even if it seems to be a who has the biggest, here. ;-)

I got my taste of Doom at 5-6 years old... but got into it at 15 or so after getting Doom (Ultimate, Final and 2).
So 14+ seems like a right spot.