Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Doom references

I was watching Family guy the other day and saw a very partial playthrough of E1M5. Who's seen other Doom references? I know Doom the movie had a few casual references but otherwise strayed completely from the plot.

Krispy said:

I was watching Family guy the other day and saw a very partial playthrough of E1M5. Who's seen other Doom references? I know Doom the movie had a few casual references but otherwise strayed completely from the plot.

clip or it didn't happen.

1997 Kurt Russell movie Breakdown shows a couple seconds of a kid's PC screen while he's playing, I think, Doom II level 30(?).
Hrmmm, as I'm typing this I opened IMDB in another window, and under "Trivia" for the movie it says the game is Ultimate Doom.
But I thought I saw a Doom II monster in there... OK now I have to go find the movie again. %P

In Duke Nukem 3D, you can find Doomguy in one of the levels and when you find him, Duke will say "Hmmmm, that's one doomed space marine". Another Doom reference you can find is in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 where you can play as Doomguy.

Here's my source on this info.

There's been recent posts here about a parody of the Doom box cover art on a Zombie movie in Regular Show.

I noticed a brief reference in Six Feet Under where Nate says he's going to play Doom - but you don't see the screen while he's playing and the sound effects are wrong.

Friends too. I think it's Chandler who gets a laptop and says something like "hey, you can play Doom on this thing."