Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiketsu

The Unmaker mod?

There's a PK3 out there with all the Doom64 stuff (Monsters, Items, Decoration, Weapons, Textures, etc) for ZDoom, but I'm not sure where it would be...

I don't think so. And why would you want that weapon in Vanilla Doom, anyway? It's pretty useless, in my opinion.

I'll search for it.

But I guess it's a rough port, I mean - the weapons etc. look exactly like in Doom64?

I'd love a mod where the unmaker looks more in Doom2 style of weapons ;) ;))

As for usefulness: not sure, never tried it! just read it can kill a cyberdemon flawlessly because of inflicting pain on him continuously, preventing the player from taking damage. Sounds rather fun.

[PROTOTYPE] said:
It's pretty useless, in my opinion.

If not powered by the three Demon Keys, yes.

With a fully equipped Unmaker, however, it can turn the tables! ;)

Believe me, dude, you won't be getting any satisfaction from that gun, even if it WAS converted to a mod.

The only D64 mod for Vanilla Doom that I know of, simply replaces the sprites, sounds, etc.

Scripting work would be needed in order to port the Unmaker to ZDoom, and no one has done it (I think...) because it's just not worth it.

I'd suggest you to try Doom 64 EX if you want a PC port of the console game.

HavoX said:

If not powered by the three Demon Keys, yes.

With a fully equipped Unmaker, however, it can turn the tables! ;)

Never really bothered finding the pieces, always stuck to the pumper. You should, too.

Kaiketsu said:

Care to elaborate? is it that useless/overpowered? ;)

It's worthless unless you find all of it's pieces. And I think it just ruins the balance of the game. You're be better off with the shotgun.

EDIT:Re:'I suggest you try Doom 64 EX if
you want a (loyal) PC port of the console game.'
Yes, you'll get your precious Unmaker too...

There's this Unmaker that's similar to other classic Doom style weapons. There's also a centered version floating about as well. Doesn't act like the D64 Unmaker, I think it's supposed to be the Alpha Doom version or something...

Also, it won't be for Vanilla Doom, it'll be for a ZDoom source port, PROTOTYPE.

PRIMEVAL said:

Also, it won't be for Vanilla Doom, it'll be for a ZDoom source port, PROTOTYPE. [/B]

That's exactly what I stated. I pointed out that it would have to use some ZDoom-specific scripting, and the only D64 Vanilla mods would simply replace resources.

Why are you accusing me for nothing? Read more carefully next time.

Kaiketsu said:

Interesting. I use Doomsday, by the way - I guess it won't work for it?

I don't think so. Maybe with a custom version of Boom, like the one used for Doom 64 EX.
Use GZDoom if you want fancy effects, though. Also, try Brutal Doom or Beautiful Doom. It'll change your perception of what ZDoom is capable of quite a bit.

[PROTOTYPE] said:
[B]
That's exactly what I stated. I pointed out that it would have to use some ZDoom-specific scripting, and the only D64 Vanilla mods would simply replace resources.

Why are you accusing me for nothing? Read more carefully next time.

Doomworld failed to show new posts...only ever witnessed that one other time when I was a regular on Zenhex. Wtf...my apologies. But still, you automatically assumed Vanilla Doom in your first post which the OP never said anything about Vanilla.

Also, they have done it for D64 stuff as I said and you say they haven't Maybe you should read more carefully ;)

PRIMEVAL said:

Doomworld failed to show new posts...only ever witnessed that one other time when I was a regular on Zenhex. Wtf...my apologies. But still, you automatically assumed Vanilla Doom in your first post which the OP never said anything about Vanilla.

Also, they have done it for D64 stuff as I said and you say they haven't Maybe you should read more carefully ;)

WTF... my apologies! Let's just say we're even for now. Respect, dude.

Hehe

I recall seeing a thread about it...Ima go look for it.

[EDIT]
AHA!
http://daman6009.home.comcast.net/d64stuff.7z
Direct download link. Use WinRAR to extract the PK3 files.

d64stuff.pk3 replaces all monsters, items, decs, weapons to D64 stuff. However, the Unmaker doesn't replace anything and has to be summoned in. You can also use these pk3's as resources for your maps and place the Unmaker (and other stuff) in.

I'm not 100% sure what d64gpos.pk3 and d64stmons.pk3 do, but d64tex.pk3 gives you textures to use as well.

If you wanted to make an Unmaker without ZDoom, I'm sure you could rig something with DeHackEd that would emulate it's behavior well enough that it would seem very similar to something ZDoom could do in-game.

PRIMEVAL, thanks a lot! I've been looking for this for some time already.

Darkman 4, good point.

[PROTOTYPE], go to bed asshole, you got school of shit tommorow...

PRIMEVAL said:

There's this Unmaker that's similar to other classic Doom style weapons. There's also a centered version floating about as well. Doesn't act like the D64 Unmaker, I think it's supposed to be the Alpha Doom version or something...

Also, it won't be for Vanilla Doom, it'll be for a ZDoom source port, PROTOTYPE.

I installed ZDoom and can't get any of the items from that page to work.

Maybe I'm blind but there's no tutorial there

I added them to autoload in ini but it didn't work

Anyone knows how to make them work? @_@

Kaiketsu said:

Did you try it with both Ultimate Doom and Doom II IWADs? Maybe it's designed for Doom II. Also, what is your version of ZDoom?

Kaiketsu said:

Click the WAD file and drag it onto the ZDoom.exe, open it up with any Doom game, start game, go to console, type 'summon alphaunmaker' and have fun. Also type in 'use alphaunmaker' just in case you can switch back over to it manually.

Thanks, it worked. Too be honest I wasn't too impressed, the weapon has no real tactical use and is overpowered. Maybe it's better they scrapped it in alpha.

Kaiketsu said:

Thanks, it worked. Too be honest I wasn't too impressed, the weapon has no real tactical use and is overpowered. Maybe it's better they scrapped it in alpha.

That was probably the point originally, it was a weapon forged in hell itself (much like the D64 one) and it literally unmakes monsters pretty quickly. Wait until you try out the powered up version of this ;) I forget the summon name...

Kaiketsu said:

I told you...

On 3/12/2012 at 3:18 PM, PRIMEVAL said:

Hehe

I recall seeing a thread about it...Ima go look for it.

[EDIT]
AHA!
http://daman6009.home.comcast.net/d64stuff.7z
Direct download link. Use WinRAR to extract the PK3 files.

d64stuff.pk3 replaces all monsters, items, decs, weapons to D64 stuff. However, the Unmaker doesn't replace anything and has to be summoned in. You can also use these pk3's as resources for your maps and place the Unmaker (and other stuff) in.

I'm not 100% sure what d64gpos.pk3 and d64stmons.pk3 do, but d64tex.pk3 gives you textures to use as well.

So it just adds the unmaker to doom 64 for doom 2 right?

Uhhh I'm really lazy and I haven't taken the time to read all the replies

But there's an Unmaker in MetaDoom, along with a lot of other weapons uwu