Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Toenail

John Romero is Going to Make You His Bitch Again

*crackle* Cheeks parted, awaiting insertion. Over. *crackle*

EDIT: Wouldn't it be great if he made the next awesome FPS and made Sodaholic look stupider?

Yeah yeah it's all shits 'n giggles until someone realizes that for every pitcher, there must also be a catcher. Sucking it down included.

I think the game's slogan should be:
"Romero is going to make you his bitch. This time, he means it." :P

Technician said:

...and made Sodaholic look stupider?

OH C'MON, HIS POSTS AREN'T THAT BAD! SERIOUSLY!

Maybe he's secretely a lead level designer for Doom 4. I think that would help juice the hype machine for the game.

Technician said:

Dude, where's the lube?

Technician said:

Nice Maes impression.

So John Romero, the guy who created Doom (I'm very sure he did), is going to make another classic FPS? That's pretty cool and I can't wait to see what the new classic FPS is!

Also, let's hope it won't be bad like Daikatana.

Maybe he's gonna make the DLC for XBox 360 Doom II that has never been released so far :P :P :P

Technician said:

EDIT: Wouldn't it be great if he made the next awesome FPS and made Sodaholic look stupider?

The point of my thread was just to point out that he really hasn't done anything good past Doom. I wasn't at all saying that he's incapable of making something awesome again, just that he hasn't yet.

I wonder when we can start hearing about his new FPS project?

Krispy said:

It's all cutscenes. It's like a movie that maxes out your cpu.

HAHAHA A bit like CoD then?

Well, just as i expected, if John Romero even considers announcing to the public that he's gonna make a game, every single person who knows who John Romero is will be quick to say Daikatana this, and Daikatana that.

That said, he's been in a long hiatus with doing anything real special so I have a pretty good bit of faith in him.

After reading the thread then looking at the article, yeah, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of anything actually happening. He doesn't really say anything that amounts to more than just " I'm tossing around some ideas here and there."

Erm, wait. That didn't come out right.

Hoooooolllyyy shiiiiieeeet, JOHN ROMERO IS BACK. Surely this is going to be the greatest moment of gaming history as he comes back to single-handedly save the decaying games industry from the depths of monotony and stuff. Truly this is an announcement to be heralded for generations to come or some such.

Much better. ;)

Jodwin said:

Having plans is one thing. Getting around to put them into action is an other.

Having it planned is still a step.

printz said:

Daikatana was thoroughly planned. Fact.

Krispy said:

It's like a movie that maxes out your CPU.

...And you know it's too good to be true when that causes your computer to crash often, sometimes requiring you to build a new one with a CPU with MOAR COREZ. :P

HavoX said:

...And you know it's too good to be true when that causes your computer to crash often, sometimes requiring you to build a new one with a CPU with MOAR COREZ. :P

MOAR COREZ allow you to run more crashed apps at once ;-)

printz said:

I just thought that I should make a game where you go around shooting monsters with a gun and it'll be portrayed through the protagonist eyes.

There, I now have plans for making an FPS game.

Pavera said:

Crossing fingers for daikatana 2.

The article said this:

He has plans! But not, to be clear, for a sequel to Daikatana. "There will be no DK2!" he added.

If you were joking, then my bad.

I have long hoped to see John rise from the ashes and put out another game that will be remembered for a long time. He's a good guy and deserves to see something go right again.

Quasar said:

He's a good guy and deserves to see something go right again.

I think there are millions of people for whom this applies to more than John, but unfortunately that's not how the world works.

I think he wants to try making a new AAA game, but I don't think he wants to be associated with that old meme he (or his marketing team) started during Daikatana's development.

yukib1t said:

Try "Daitou" (大刀) instead.

The joke is that "daikatana" is an incorrect mix-up between on and kun readings, and that "ōtō" is the equally incorrect mirror mixup.