Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomCrazed

PLEASE HELP .... I can't get my game to work

I just purchased the Collectors Edition of Doom2, Ultimate Doom and Final Doom ... it's on a CD ... I followed the install instructions to the "T" (or should I say "D" for DOOM)?? Anyway ... there is a configuration option that comes up before the game .. when I config my mouse and then go into a game ... my mouse doesn't work... This is very annoying ... I find it impossible to play the game with the arrow keys because by the time I "aim and fire" ... I'm Dead !!!
How can I get my mouse to work with my new game ... WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

I'm a bit confused by your question since I have never seen an install CD like you describe. Those are DOS games, right? It may be that your mouse does not have a driver active in DOS mode. Most folks play Doom using a "port" which works better on the usual Windows OS, like win95 and newer. Zdoom is a good choice and works properly with windows, as it's "win32" code, not relying on DOS and IRQ settings for sound and so forth. You need the original game files, doom.wad, or doom2.wad or heretic.wad, or a few more. Zdoom will play them, and give higher resolutions etc.
See zdoom.notgod.com/ftp for the latest download, it's beta33 I think.
There might be another file you need, a .dll, and if you get that error message, check an earlier version in /ftp to see if it has that file too.

What they said in the two posts above.

The Doom95 executable doesn't work correctly under Windows 2000, mouse support is broken.