Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

Reflextion - 4 map demo released

Reflextion

Reflextion is a Doom 2 vanilla classic-looking megawad. The themes will go the same as usual (Techbase --> Earth --> Hell --> Secrets), but all of the 32 maps will be done by me. It surely takes a lot of time (because of boredom), but hopefully one day I'll write down the "released" word.

Despite there are difficulty settings, gameplay is heavily based on Ultra Violence.

Deathmatch/Cooperative is still not featured.

Maps done: 4/32

Map List:
MAP01: The Outpost 1 2
MAP02: Pressed 1 2
MAP03: Tech 1 2
MAP04: Brick Break 1 2
MAP05: ???

Releases:
1- 4 map demo: http://speedy.sh/rxU7Q/reflextion.wad

2- A cancelled MAP05: http://speedy.sh/3zghy/map05.wad

--C30N9

Yeah this looks really classic.
I like the style it looks a bit generic but I really like the first screen of MAP01 even if its almost empty LOL.
I always enjoy to see new Doom 1/Doom 2 vanilla WADs

From the title, I thought the thread was going to be about this.

You might want to consider a new name, to avoid confusion, as long as the name isn't too intricately interwoven with the themes.

C30N9 said:

-_-

EDIT: Perhaps Fatality a good name?

hm, people might think of the fatal1ty guy, just as "rage" points them to post-apocalyptic wastelands.

Or Mortal Kombat.

If you liked the idea of Rage as a title, how about Anger? It's the same general idea, nearly the same letters (just with added 'n'), and it's without the association to Id Software's latest offering.

I just came up with "Reflexion". And I like it (as much I wanted the first replies to be "Wow cool!" or "Looking forward to this!" :P).

Come on say it fast...

Tantrum is already taken as far as I know... and it's the best title in this semantic field.

printz said:

Tantrum is already taken as far as I know... and it's the best title in this semantic field.

Screw it! Reflextion it is. Though if you have better suggestions please tell, I suck at naming. (What am I gonna name my son at the future? :P)

printz said:

Spite or Bile would make good names too.

Chex Warrior said:

C30N9 is there any chance you'll release a couple levels as a demo?

I will, but with 6 maps demo, in other words one episode.
Is this because not releasing may keep away people?

^ Thanks pal.

Another room added, it looks so much classic, but I'm afraid from lacking of detail. Thoughts? (Plus I changed the metal textures into the green tech textures):

Bad news: Cancelled MAP05 because the result of the map isn't good for this slot to be occupied, so I put a link for it.
Too bored to open the builder.

Good news: Releasing a 4 map demo. First post.