Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum Shell

Baron of Hell revamp (help)

Hello! After running through DooM 64 again, I wanted to create a wad that changed the Baron's projectiles to red, and also to set it's lighting color to red (for OpenGL).

If sprites for a red Baron ball exists, let me know; then all I'll have to do is figure out how to change the Baron's projectile lighting.

Thanks for all the help!

~PS

EDIT: Also, sprites to replace the Baron too, because the slime around his hands are green.

Platinum Shell said:

EDIT: Also, sprites to replace the Baron too, because the slime around his hands are green. [/B]

Or you can just turn his blood to green, like in Zero Tolerance.

heh

Use this in SLADE 3:
"112:127=176:191"

(Click for GIF animation)

You can batch convert all the barons and fireball sprites this way.

If you're not happy about the blood and gore becoming red, you'll have to splice the green bits from the old sprites. You can do that in Paint or whatever.

Grain of Salt said:

Use the "bits" field in Dehacked to convert green shades to red.

You can do that for the Baron's sprites, but it doesn't work for the projectile for some reason, and will cause some ports to crash.

HavoX said:

^
Why didn't I think of this before?! :P

What, combining multiple images by alternating them fast enough? -_-

40oz said:

You can do that for the Baron's sprites, but it doesn't work for the projectile for some reason, and will cause some ports to crash.

That's bizarre. I distinctly remember having done this in an old DeHackEd mod at some point.

But yeah, if you're using ZDoom, translations are the way to go. I've done the same thing myself in a mod of mine, and all it takes is a couple of lines of code.

Also, how have I not known about that Color Remap feature until now? Brilliance. o_O

For projectile, isn't it possible to use a flag Convert Green To Red for co-op player 4 (or somewhat)?