Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acid

[Gimmick] Super Secretive

It's just a quick gameplay fun thing for Doom 2's MAP01.

So, here's the thing: It looks identical to the old MAP01 (Hence no screens), but there are added secrets everywhere :P Have fun finding them. It took me about 1:30 to speedrun through it all.

Regular Doom 2's secret count: 5
New secret count: 28 (Including above 5)

There are 2 maps.

MAP01: Timelimit of about 5:10 before you're crushed to death. Please keep a track of your secrets found.
MAP02: Free roaming, so please keep a track of your time.

DL Link (118kb): http://www.mediafire.com/?6a3253ifuii7piv

>>>>>------------------------------------<<<<<
~Please post your scores below (# of secrets on MAP01, or time on MAP02) and all feedback is welcomed (not bashing :/ this is just for lols, so don't hate)~
One more thing: this isn't an IWAD distribution, since this only the first map!

...inb4 map editor cheaters

This is a neat idea, but the execution isn't particularly interesting and the automap spoils all the secrets. I'd like to see something like this with some 'new' areas outside the map, giving an odd sense of connectivity that was originally never there. That'd be strange and surreal enough to work.

Props for the idea n' effort, though. ;)

Xaser said:

This is a neat idea, but the execution isn't particularly interesting and the automap spoils all the secrets. I'd like to see something like this with some 'new' areas outside the map, giving an odd sense of connectivity that was originally never there. That'd be strange and surreal enough to work.

Props for the idea n' effort, though. ;)

Why thank you for the reply~

I was originally going to add traps and extra areas around the original map, but I decided against it since I was working on something else.

Ps, how far did you get? :P (Unless you got them all with automap)

I found all but one -- couldn't figure out how to open the eastern secret in the northern computer room. So the automap wasn't entirely foolproof, but it did let me know that something was there. :P

I played the WAD, and it was a nice concept. It was fun, but I didn't get all of the secrets. I got 18 out of 28. It was weird how I was crushed by nothing after passing the 5:10 time limit. So it's a nice WAD and idea.

NitroactiveStudios said:

I played the WAD, and it was a nice concept. It was fun, but I didn't get all of the secrets. I got 18 out of 28. It was weird how I was crushed by nothing after passing the 5:10 time limit. So it's a nice WAD and idea.

There was actually a voodoo doll in a far off 64x64 area with a ceiling crusher of 11200 height that would activate as soon as you start moving about :P

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Could you do one of these for map 18?

It'd be way too hectic to be any fun, and automap would kill it again.

BloodyAcid said:

There was actually a voodoo doll in a far off 64x64 area with a ceiling crusher of 11200 height that would activate as soon as you start moving about :P

Oh, so that's how you did it. Well that's a creative idea, and it might inspire others to do something like that.

Cool idea. I think it could have been implemented a bit better, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Couldn't figure out how to get past the eastern wall in the northern room, I think that's the only secret I didn't find.

Xaser said:

I found all but one -- couldn't figure out how to open the eastern secret in the northern computer room. So the automap wasn't entirely foolproof, but it did let me know that something was there. :P

Razen said:

Cool idea. I think it could have been implemented a bit better, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Couldn't figure out how to get past the eastern wall in the northern room, I think that's the only secret I didn't find.

In the opening area with the chainsaw, there was a G1 linedef outdoors, so if you took a random shot into the open, the door would open :P

25/28 on first playthrough. I used ZDoom, which means I didn't have to keep count of my secret hunting.

I had fun with this, like hunting for easter eggs on easter morning.