Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

What Happened on 07-14-04 at 19:50?

This has intrigued me for a while. On the forum it says the highest number of people were online at this time and I wondered whether anything special happened. I was only on the forum a few months at the time so I don't remember.

Yeah I'm with you guys that it was Doom 3 that got the website to have the most users online.

Also, I wonder if we'll get even MORE users that we had online on that day when there's more info released about Doom 4?

NitroactiveStudios said:

Also, I wonder if we'll get even MORE users that we had online on that day when there's more info released about Doom 4?

No, because they'll remember Doom 3.

Could those people be mostly guests, and not registered? Because if so, then we may well expect lots of people before Doom 4, but not people we know.

Wagi said:

No, because they'll remember Doom 3.

OK, but I'm sure there will be a lot of people on the forums when more info on Doom 4 gets released.

NitroactiveStudios said:

OK, but I'm sure there will be a lot of people on the forums when more info on Doom 4 gets released.

No, not really. Doom 3 was the next coming of Christ. Since then, Doom 3 and Rage has made it clear we're in for a swindle.

He forgot to bring something to stick the flashlight on his gun though.

yukib1t said:

wtf is this Doom game people keep talking about on this site?

It's a Halo clone with crappy graphics and no vehicles.

The 1000th person on the Doomworld forums on the night before Doom 4 is released gets a free copy of Daikatana.

Technician said:

It's a Halo clone with crappy graphics and no vehicles.

And no grenades.

I mean, why would you want to play without grenades?

eargosedown said:

And no grenades.

I mean, why would you want to play without grenades?

Those shitty old games "Doom" and "Doom 2" don't have grenades, but Doom 3 does. Clearly, it is the best in the series.

everyone said:

Doom3

...And now I know. That figures and it's unlikely we'll see another event as hyped as that so the record will probably always stand - unless someone manufactures it by organising some Doomworld flashmob event.

I knew Doom 3 wasn't going to be any special, when all reviews categorized it as merely "FPS". No "horror", no "survival", no embellishments. Just generic first-person shooter, like Quake etc. Good thing, because that lowered my expectations enough not to be disappointed.