Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Prometheus

Skeletor said:

Alien prequel.

Sort of. As I understand it ties in with the Alien universe without being and Alien movie per se, instead concentrating on the business with the (other) alien ship belonging to the "space jockey".

But yeah, I'm looking forward to it too.

EDIT: Also:-

NitroactiveStudios said:

I sure hope it will be good and that it won't suck!

The former implies the later, sir.

Looking forward for Prometheus, always wondered what this Space Jockey was.

Saw the trailer when it first came out.

Looks good, but I've learned to not expect much from Ridley Scott. He has this uncanny skill to take the most interesting and epic ideas and make them into snoozefests.

I'll probably see it anyway though. Can't be worse than the AvP movies.

DeathevokatioN said:

Hope it doesn't suck as much as the AVP movies.

Nothing could possibly suck more than the AVP films.

Looks sleek and well-produced, plus I like Guy Pearce (who claims to only be in the film for a brief moment). OTOH, there's not much from that trailer that I see other than that. I'm a fan of Ridley Scott's style (through 2001, anyways), so I'll probably go and see it once it hits theaters.

DeathevokatioN said:

Hey, I thought the AVP films were cool! OK, maybe they were not the best series of films, but they did have some cool action scenes!

Lüt said:

Can't be worse than the AvP movies.

DeathevokatioN said:

The first one was watchable, in a "turn your brain off and watch aliens and predators beat the shit out of each other" kind of way. The second one was awful.

DoomUK said:

The first one was watchable, in a "turn your brain off and watch aliens and predators beat the shit out of each other" kind of way. The second one was awful.

The first one was a bit like the Doom movie,entertaining but still quite bad. I gave up on the second AvP film halfway through.

I saw the first Alien on TV last year, so maybe I should give this movie a shot.

This is a movie I've been waiting for since long before it was ever officially announced. One thing that I loved about Alien was just how real the universe the film created felt. By that, I mean that it was clear there was a lot more going on than what we were shown in the film. It always seemed to me that there were tons of other stories that could be told about this universe, even without focusing on the Xenomorphs, and I'm glad to see that here, we're getting just that. I mean, I've always wanted to know more about the Company, I've always wanted to know more about the space jockeys, I've always wanted to know more about just how technology has affected civilization in that universe, and I loved how in the original movie, all these things were hinted at but never addressed directly. To me, that's always a sign of good storytelling - having things going on in the background that don't necessarily directly affect the outcome of the story, but indicate that a lot of thought went into creating it.

I realize that I shouldn't get my hopes up prematurely, that yeah, it could end up being a total stinker. However, evidence suggests to me that Ridley Scott put a lot of thought into creating the universe Alien took place in, so that's reason enough for me to believe that there's a good chance this movie will be great.

lol sorry for going all fanboy, but yeah, I just really like the concept, and I can't wait to see what is done with it.

The fact that this movie will have connections to the "Alien' movies gives me a reason why I should see this movie when it comes out.

HavoX said:

I saw the first Alien on TV last year, so maybe I should give this movie a shot.

How have you lived life so far and not seen Alien until last year?

Technician said:

How have you lived life so far and not seen Alien until last year?

I don't know, maybe it was a coincidence. :\

Man, I really really really hope this movie doesn't suck. Aliens is one of my favorite movies, and I quite enjoy the franchise (Except A:R because I haven't seen it and AVP:R because it was messy shit).

Clonehunter said:

Except A:R because I haven't seen it

I wouldn't even bother.

As far as I'm concerned the saga ended with Alien 3 and Ripley throwing herself into that smelting pit. :p

I don't know, that hybrid alien at the end of Resurrection getting sucked out of the hole always made me sad :(

Ralphis said:

I don't know, that hybrid alien at the end of Resurrection getting sucked out of the hole always made me sad :(

I know what you mean, it was just a baby! He didn't know better... Resurrection was pretty good I think. I am really looking forward for this.

DoomUK said:

I wouldn't even bother.

As far as I'm concerned the saga ended with Alien 3 and Ripley throwing herself into that smelting pit. :p

Yeah, Ressurection doesn't actually exist. Its just a figment of some people's alcoholic imagination.

I suppose I could look forward to this, but I don't like the fact is diverges from lore a bit...avp lore anyway. Even if the avp moves are trash. Lance Henriksen's Bishop android character was made and modeled after himself, Charles Weyland, after he dies in avp. So who the hell is Peter Weyland?

A minor pissant point, but it still bothers me, ha.

Quast said:

I suppose I could look forward to this, but I don't like the fact is diverges from lore a bit...avp lore anyway. Even if the avp moves are trash. Lance Henriksen's Bishop android character was made and modeled after himself, Charles Weyland, after he dies in avp. So who the hell is Peter Weyland?

A minor pissant point, but it still bothers me, ha.

I know what you mean.

I guess as Ridley Scott was in charge of the original Alien movie which started it all he has the authority to say what's canon and what isn't. Not saying he should, this kind of thing bothers me too. Even if the AvP movies weren't particularly important.

DoomUK said:

I wouldn't even bother.

Well I did see the beginning of it, and along with what you said, is primarily why I haven't bothered really to check on it. The first fifteen minutes were just crap to bother watching the rest.

Oh shit. New Ridley Scott movie set in the Alien universe? This is going to be awesome. The Space Jockey always intrigued me. It was an interesting creature they they stumble across, then suddenly you forget about it when the face hugger shows up in the next scene and they never did find out more about it.

In my opinion, Alien: Resurrection was a pretty good movie, filled with some of my favorite character actors. The end was kind of lame, but the rest of the movie was just fine. Alien 3 on the other hand, was pretty terrible. It almost sank the entire franchise due to just disregarding the entire set-up at the end of Aliens and being a terrible mess of a movie. It was an unfinished and broken project that was pawned off on an inexperienced director, and it really shows.

I can deal with it if they retcon the AvP movies out of existence. The first one was terrible and I heard the second one was even worse. Speaking of retcon, the comics that predate Alien 3 continue the story in Aliens better than the movie did. Instead of just being killed off off-screen, Hicks and Newt end up hunting aliens across the galaxy. Now THAT I'd pay to see.

Also, I'm fairly sure the trailer is supposed to look like the original Alien trailer:

Danarchy said:

It was an unfinished and broken project that was pawned off on an inexperienced director, and it really shows.

Did you watch the assembly cut? It's a better version of the movie.

Yet another Prometheus trailer btw:-

DoomUK said:

Did you watch the assembly cut? It's a better version of the movie.

Yeah, I own the quadrilogy. It still wasn't that good.