Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
david-arquette

Doom WAD wip - MAP01

Hey everyone. I've made a few maps in the past and progressed and learnt new things along the way but this is my first attempt at a multi level WAD file. So far just the first level is complete.

Anyway, I thought I'd upload it to see what you guys think. It's configured for Skulltag though I'm assuming it will still work with other versions.

Please let me know what you guys think. Cheers.

http://www.mediafire.com/?15hb7paw25yx0x3

I would've provided screenshots but for some reason they aren't showing up in the folder they're supposed to.

Hmm, a short and nice map, but you have to watch your texture usage. For example, there's too much BIGBRIK2 in the S-shaped hallway, and up the stairway too. If you do plan to stick to it, maybe add some floor decorations or pillar/support beams.

Overall, you could work on texture choice and architecture, but a good attempt.

I like this one. The use of lighting and metal fixtures looked really cool. Some suggestions: Like BloodyAcid said, too much BIGBRIK. It would look all right if the floor and ceiling were something other than BIGBRIK. 64X64 flats look good on floors and ceilings. Also, flip the linedefs on the teleporter and maybe make it so the player has to go more out of their way to find the blue key. Nice job on the layout though. It has a nice mood.

What port is this made for? I'm trying to run it in ZDoom, GZDoom and pr-Boom plus and I get missing items in Zdoom and GZdoom and missing textures in pr boom plus.

spaztacus said:

What port is this made for? I'm trying to run it in ZDoom, GZDoom and pr-Boom plus and I get missing items in Zdoom and GZdoom and missing textures in pr boom plus.

Same here. I'm using PRBoom on my laptop and there's a missing texture.

He said it was made for Skulltag. Maybe it's a skulltag texture?

Thanks for the comments so far guys. I'll experiment a bit with the textures in the hall and stairs. I'm trying to keep that medieval/castle look but I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks :)

I like the layout and outdoor ceiling beams where the player begins. maybe the castle outer wall and the outer brick gate look like they could use a little depth though.