Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Popular Starcraft 2 commentator and massive newb Husky plays DOOM2

Lolz, I felt myself feeling physically distraught that he missed all of the secrets in the first. Got bored halfway through second level.

It's weird seeing the game played on skill 2 again after all these years. The pacing is still really good though, it's clear they actually put some thought into the lower skill levels, rather than just removing some enemies. I completely forgot about the blue keycard being on the crusher platform in MAP06, allowing you to skip the other half of that room, and stop the monster closet in the starting area from opening.

Hah, this is great.

It's refreshing to see the game from the perspective of someone reliving their childhood :P

(and also someone who isn't horribly addicted)

printz said:

Oh, initially I thought it was Doom on ITYTD played by a dog.

Sled dogs are pretty good at mapping as well, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for posting this NT. Good stuff.

Bucket said:

You people talk about this guy like I should know who he is.

Husky and Starch were big TV celebrities in the 70s.

NaturalTvventy said:

Sometimes, it's fun to watch people who are bad at games playing. However, when the said people can't remember where the fuck they've already been, or can't see the two obviously visible huge green doors right in front of their faces, that's when I facepalm.

Jodwin said:

Sometimes, it's fun to watch people who are bad at games playing. However, when the said people can't remember where the fuck they've already been, or can't see the two obviously visible huge green doors right in front of their faces, that's when I facepalm.

As much as I like blind playthroughs, sometimes being TOO blind is a bit much...

Marcaek said:

Hah, this is great.

It's refreshing to see the game from the perspective of someone reliving their childhood :P

(and also someone who isn't horribly addicted)

yep, exactly this. i'm getting nostalgic ;)

still, i wish someone shows him a video of some slaughterfest map. or doom2 nm in 30 minutes, as i just heard him saying the game is so long.

The great irony is this.... he is getting paid to play Doom. Not many of us can say that. 0_o

Loving these videos tho... His playthrough is a reminder of just how well designed this game really was.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

His playthrough is a reminder of just how well designed this game really was.

For sure... I should hire Husky to play through my work. He would get lost instantly, and it would compel me to improve the flow of my levels.

NaturalTvventy said:

For sure... I should hire Husky to play through my work. He would get lost instantly, and it would compel me to improve the flow of my levels.

Although it would probably be a good idea to get some non-pro players to test one's maps, I'm not so sure if it's a great idea to get a blind person to test one. You can't really improve a map's flow for a person who doesn't even notice important things like doors or switches. ;)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

The great irony is this.... he is getting paid to play Doom. Not many of us can say that. 0_o

The problem is when you get paid to play games as a job, it sucks all the fun out of playing it.

Jodwin said:

Although it would probably be a good idea to get some non-pro players to test one's maps, I'm not so sure if it's a great idea to get a blind person to test one. You can't really improve a map's flow for a person who doesn't even notice important things like doors or switches. ;)

True true... missing that yellow keys go to yellow doors would be a bit tough to work with.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

But how is he paid? I mean, if I were paid by the hour to play Doom, I'd be extremely clueless as well. It might take me a whole day to finish Hangar. :D

Gez said:

But how is he paid? I mean, if I were paid by the hour to play Doom, I'd be extremely clueless as well. It might take me a whole day to finish Hangar. :D

Youtube views/ads.

Gez said:

I see what you did there. :D

Mr. Chris said:

The problem is when you get paid to play games as a job, it sucks all the fun out of playing it.

Trust me, this is a risk I would be very prepared to take.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I see what you did there. :D

Trust me, this is a risk I would be very prepared to take.

I could just play Oblige megawads with BrutalDoom if it were the case.

I'm afraid he may have given up playing DooM II. It's been several days since last video, and they appeared daily prior to that.

It's quite interesting to see a newbie's perspective. The part I enjoyed the most is when he started getting his ass handed to him.