Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

In need of a savegame (hard)

So I played Doom3 a while ago, but I got bored and quit, installed a new Windows, and all my save-games are gone. I'd like to give it a spic, but going through the 15+ hour adventure a second time would be tedious for me. I would like if someone could provide me with a save of the game on the second hardest difficulty. I'm not exactly sure where I was, but I know it was both after getting the cube and finding that cool guy in shades (Swann I believe) mortally wounded. I think the level I last played had something to do with some strange artifacts of sorts, and I believe it had caves and sand. It also had a pretty nasty spider trite encounter at the start. I will be really thankful if anyone is willing to help.

Sounds like you were in caverns2 but you can just warp to the level you were last at with the console:-

map game/[insert mapname]

Look inside doom 3/base/pak000.pk4 for the list of levels.

DoomUK said:

Sounds like you were in caverns2 but you can just warp to the level you were last at with the console:-

map game/[insert mapname]

Look inside doom 3/base/pak000.pk4 for the list of levels.

And...what do I do about weapons? Do I use cheats?

You can either use "give all" to give you everything and then just burn through some ammo to make it feel less like cheating, or spawn stuff manually with "spawn weapon_[weapon name]" and "spawn ammo_[ammo name]".

Ok, thank you very much, will try it. Although it would feel better with a savegame. Also, do you remember which weapons you're supposed to have? As far as I remember, returning from Hell cleared your inventory.

K!r4 said:

You got bored so close to the end! :P

Heh...happened to me with Rage too. I got bored right before the end (without realizing it), and then at some random point decided to give it a try. I finished it in about 1 hour.

K!r4 said:

You got bored so close to the end! :P

I'll admit it, I find the very last Doom 3 level rather depressing. It could have been much better.

printz said:

I'll admit it, I find the very last Doom 3 level rather depressing. It could have been much better.

I agree but pretty much the whole game could have been better.

printz said:

Yeah, the cyberdemon battle was way too easy, even on the hardest difficulties...

TB171 said:

Yeah, the cyberdemon battle was way too easy, even on the hardest difficulties...

A few Soul Cubes in its general direction did the trick... It was dismal, I would much rather run around shooting at it with a rocket launcher.