Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Blastfrog

Julian Assange running for the Australian senate

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/article/13194676/assange-to-run-for-the-senate-wikileaks/

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange plans to run for a seat in the Australian Senate, despite being under house arrest in the United Kingdom, the whistleblower group has tweeted.

Wikileaks announced its intentions on Saturday, saying the organisation also planned to field a candidate to run against Prime Minister Julia Gillard in her seat of Lalor at the next election.

"We have discovered that it is possible for Julian Assange to run for the Australian Senate while detained. Julian has decided to run," the Wikileaks website tweeted.

Assange is being detained in England facing possible extradition to Sweden, where police want to question him over allegations that he sexually assaulted two women in 2010.

I thought the USA had him locked away in a lead bunker somewhere under the Earth crust. Am I thinking of the same wikileaks guy?

I'll give him one thing, he'll probably be honest. Therefore he doesn't stand a chance in politics.

Nah, I'm talking about that little gay guy that was over in Iraq. I think the 'states do have locked away somewhere, awaiting trial old age.

Technician said:

Nah, I'm talking about that little gay guy that was over in Iraq. I think the 'states do have locked away somewhere, awaiting trial old age.

You're talking about the dude who leaked all of that stuff last year. I'm pretty sure he's been tortured to the point that even his parents couldn't recognize him.

Technician said:

I thought the USA had him locked away in a lead bunker somewhere under the Earth crust. Am I thinking of the same wikileaks guy?

I'll give him one thing, he'll probably be honest. Therefore he doesn't stand a chance in politics.

You're thinking of Bradley Manning, who'll probably spend the rest of his life behind bars even if there's insufficient evidence to convict him. Assange has ego enough to run for the Senate and couldn't be any worse than the timeservers in there who are doing little more than warming a seat for the number of years required to qualify for a Parliamentary Pension.

Good for him! And I think those allegations of sexual assault are just to detain him because of his wikileaks site.

It's more "sex by surprise" that doesn't even exist in the swedish legislation IIRC. It was funny to see that it was more covered by media than the 109K deaths in Irak who were mentionned in the documents leaked at the same time.