Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

Who is this?

I just noticed this for the first time since I registered. Who does this mysterious silhouette belong to? Fredrik?

I always imagined it being some random loser in a t-shirt.

I have no idea who that could be, or what that is.

Also, who's Fred? I've seen him in Post Hell on the top of the screen, is he a real user, or just a made up character?

NitroactiveStudios said:

Also, who's Fred? I've seen him in Post Hell on the top of the screen, is he a real user, or just a made up character?

His name isn't Fred. His name is Fredrik Johansen, he comes from Sveeeden!

HWGuy said:

If I look insanely hard, it resembles the first frame of a money shot.

That's what I thought it was too.

I feel like I ought to know the answer to this, but I have no idea.

My first guess was that it was probably the silhouette of someone who at some point in the forum's history was so infamously moronic that they earned themselves a place in the Post Hell logo. But I checked on archive.org and the earliest snapshot of Post Hell that I could find (from 2002) already had it there.

I believe it's not a silhouette of BBG but of someone whose picture he was pretending to be; from what I remember, it was a member of ICP.

zarkyb said:

It's from a picture of a member of ICP (Shaggy 2 Dope I think), that BBG originally claimed was a picture of him.

3rd image down on this page:

http://www.icp.bappy.com/photo2.html

That's basically the long and the short of it. He claimed that was a picture of him for the longest time. We sort of believed it, and it was frankly no big surprise when he admitted it wasn't him years later. The silhouette was put up in Post Hell because he was one of the most frequent posters there (and even became mod of it for a while). No one bothered to change it after he admitted it wasn't him, because by that time it was already pretty much a staple there.

Oh, so it's just a person's silhouette. Reality kicks in... no more hopes of that picture being something eldritch.

HWGuy said:

If I look insanely hard, it resembles the first frame of a money shot.

Regardless of the facts of the matter, after this post, this is what it will always represent to me. As they say, "you've seen it; you can't unsee it".

Grazza said:

Regardless of the facts of the matter, after this post, this is what it will always represent to me. As they say, "you've seen it; you can't unsee it".

heh, now i see it too. thanks, guys!