Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pipicz

Bloodstain: 32-map megawad in progress by Pipicz

Hello Doomworld!

Maybe you remember me as a member of PL2 team. Since then, probably not many people of the community have heard anything about me. But I can assure you – I haven’t died yet. :-)
Several months ago, I returned to mapping and to my project – and before the hiatus I wasn’t even sure if I would ever in the future finish and release it. But now I know quite certainly that one day I will… And I must modestly admit that I have improved a bit since PL2. :-)
And so I decided to let you people know what I’m working at. Hope you’ll like it – behold BLOODSTAIN!

Link to Wads In Progress:
http://wadsinprogress.info/index.php?a=listwads&wad=1594

Btw, I have some 60% of work done already and of course, I’m looking forward for your feedback :-)

Sounds good. I don't know you or this PL2 project, but I will happily playtest your new megawad - very brave of you to start such a project on your own.

MajorRawne said:

Sounds good. I don't know you or this PL2 project, but I will happily playtest your new megawad - very brave of you to start such a project on your own.

PL2 = Plutonia 2 ;-)
And yeah, I'm that Pipicz who made map21 and was co-author on map03 and map29 :-)

Btw, I have that project in progress for quite long already, but you know, when I saw my old maps, I got terrified, so I decided to redo something and so on... but only recently I somehow decided what am I expecting from myself and from this project :-D

Awesome screenshots, I'm soooo looking forward to this. m03 was one of my favorite PL2 maps btw. :)

Looks great.

Statbar loooks pretty good too.

Awesome mapper, awesome trees, awesome statsbar. It has to be good. I remember you did an awesome job on PL2 while being newb (I did my first maps on this project as well but it looked lame beside yours).

BTW if you have news from Gusta please tell me Kama Sutra 2 isn't dead!

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback! :-) I'm also glad that you like the new STBAR and those trees (I was a bit afraid that you'll tease them, but looks that you've accepted it somehow) :-D
But I also have to disappoint you a bit that it will take another lot of time to finish it. Maybe if we survive December 21, I will manage to release it on Christmas, but don't build your hopes up too much yet :-D

Btw, K!r4, your PL2 maps weren't that bad - in fact they were quite good as well :-)
And regarding KS2, it isn't totally dead, it's just rather stagnating. Gusta wants us to force him to finish it violently :-D And, quite honestly, I think that my Bloodstain will be finished earlier than KS2 :-D

:-D :-D :-D
You are running the show now, man :-) it's one of the best limit-removing stuff ever.
Kira: KS2 is not dead at all ... those pure vanilla maps looks kinda poor to me (I would love to detail them much more, you know) but I will release them once anyway ;-)

Gusta said:
...those pure vanilla maps looks kinda poor to me...

...but still your pure vanilla maps are something special ;-)

This looks great! Loved PL2, so of course I'm looking forward to this.

Can't believe you're going for the full 32 maps, though. Only a crazy person would attempt to make a one-man megawad :P

Snakes said:
Can't believe you're going for the full 32 maps, though. Only a crazy person would attempt to make a one-man megawad :P

Actually I'm not completely normal :-D

Snakes said:

Only a crazy person would attempt to make a one-man megawad :P

And if you're not crazy when you start a one man megawad, then you sure as hell will be crazy by the time you finish it!