Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

What direction should I take this song?

Recommended Posts





Just created this rough draft for an opening. What direction should I go in composing this? What could improve what's already there, and what should I add?

Share this post


Link to post

What DAW do you use, anyway? Or is it just general MIDI? If you use FL Studio, I just may be able to give you a hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Bucket said:

I keep expecting the drums to kick in, so maybe you should do that.

I probably will.

[PROTOTYPE] said:
What DAW do you use, anyway? Or is it just general MIDI? If you use FL Studio, I just may be able to give you a hand...

I'm using OpenMPT.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, so how about this?
I make a remake of your song after I finish the one I'm working on (I'll give you the link when I finish so that you can decide) ? Needless to say, I'll credit you too (I'm rolling on Soundcloud...).

I really like the melody.

Share this post


Link to post

[PROTOTYPE] said:
Ok, so how about this?
I make a remake of your song after I finish the one I'm working on (I'll give you the link when I finish so that you can decide) ?

Sounds good to me.

[PROTOTYPE] said:
I really like the melody.

Thanks. The synth piano was lifted from a small part of Freedoom's MAP10's music and had it's tempo decreased. The synth strings and everything else is original.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

What direction should I go in composing this? What could improve what's already there, and what should I add?


Dynamics.

Share this post


Link to post

I use openmpt too. I use its cheesy ass 'gm.dls' because I'm too retarded to find better sound banks or whatever you need. I took your main repeating melody in op vid then added 'polyphony' or something (warning: teh suck maybe, and I probably gayified it into c major chords if that's even the right term since I basically only use white keys and don't know what I'm doing, whachuthink?) BONUS: 9 bonus songs are included afterwards in teh same mp453! 10 for the price of 1!
http://speedy.sh/5X5MF/nsyNoINST10stupidSongs.mp3

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×