Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kyussfia

doom builder 2

hi all pls help me.I want to create a door.it ok.i want to make it passable only with a key,(red).i set this action for the lines. i placed a red skull at another room.at test, i pick up it and go to the "red" door,try to open it but i f@cked...What is the problem? And my sec. problem: i create a big a sectro with a large bloodpool,pool high is 8 ,the other place is higher.iwhen u arrive this sectro u must go through the sector, u'll find a switch,press is and th 1./4 of the bridge raised up to the higher-normal- floor-.u enter this part of the bridge and a line activate a floor sector behind u,to raise up,there is a switch,press it and the 2./4 of the bridge doesnt want to raise up to the higher floor,just change the text from blood to the bridge text,but its high is at 8.why? why doesnt itraised up to the first part of bridge? plas help me quick.thx

kyussfia said:

i f@cked...What is the problem?

You shouldn't fuck. That's known to cause problems.

I'm tempted to run this through a translator to see if it'll convert it to English for me, but alas, I'm on the clock and have better things to do with my time...

Like continue procrastinating... off to Google Translate!

Jodwin said:

You shouldn't fuck. That's known to cause problems.

It risks creating another one of these thingsd.

sorry for my bad english,but i was tired and angry.so.i cant make doors what wants a key.Blue,red,or yellow,none.i took down a key,i create a door for it,with in the effects option,door(a colour) open wait close.it didn't work.and the bridge problem.please try to imagine a map,like an R.but it is strange,the part of this R,is like a D just,reversed. it is the large area of this large sector.what remain from R,i divide 4 parts.First i use a switch for the first part of the bridge,after i get a new switch,i use the new one ,but the second part of the bridge doesn't want to raise up,just appears.And i used i think action 20 - raise the floor to next higher floor.Now?

door: it will raise to (4?) below the lowest neighboring sector ceiling. You might have a sector touching it with a ceiling near or below ground level so it doesn't work.

bridge: if you chose 'floor raise to highest neighbor', make a 'dummy' square sector outside the map. Select bridge piece 2 & the dummy, choose 'join sectors'. Now attach another square to side of dummy and give it the floor height you want.

Is the door linedef facing away from you? In 2D edit mode you'll notice in the centre of each linedef a short line sticking out at right-angles. That indicates which way the front sidedef is facing, and it's the front sidedef you have to push in order to open a door or operate a switch. Also, check that the floor and ceiling heights in your door sector are both set to floor height.