Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomQuaker

Hell themed wads

I'm looking for wads set in hell, with very infernal atmosphere, tons of lava pits, unholy cathedrals, very large use of brown and dark textures etc...something like Torment and Torture, Cheoghs, Zpack episode 3 etc...

Not to sound a bit self-advertising, but look up the map Chapel of Chaos on /idgames/.

The final episode of Scythe 2 (maps 27 - 30) is awesome for hellish stuff, Deus Vult, Map 21 from Deus Vult 2, last episode of Speed of Doom, Hellfire.

Those should keep you busy. :)

Thanks all for the tips, especially for Hell's Twisted Influence part 2. I've loved the first one and wasn't able to find the second part (didn't know it was even released). I already know Scythe 2 (excellent wad, played with brutal doom some weeks ago) while Deus Vult part 2 is on my hd but I still have to play it (I'll play it soon)

Yeah I like the latter half, which is normally hell too. Although I find the science labs themed maps more nostalgic.

Threshold of Pain's hell levels are some of the best I've played, although they use more red/marble than brown/black.

Argh!! It seems that these wads will keep me busy for some hours. Also TownInfection hell levels were great! Especially with that red fog

baronofheck82 said:

No one has mentioned Inferno by Chris Lutz? Very good stuff.

True, it is very good stuff.