Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leon

New WAD with many secrets (Mansion themed)

http://www.mediafire.com/?y9zc2bdx5q79n2u

This is my new, uncompleted Doom WAD. Many secrets where I have tried to make it complicated with many exciting secrets. Enjoy, feedback welcome. Please tell me of any glitches.

Portal: ZDoom

The last image shows where you should end up and you cannot go any further

Your wad is still pretty rough but shows promise. I really liked going outside for the first time--it was unexpected and cool looking/feeling. Your level has lots of bugs that you need to work out. I'm not going to point them all out for you. None of them should be difficult to fix--it's just a matter of finding the problem in the game, and seeing what's going wrong in the editor. You have heart pillars (there are two heart pillar frames for the heart pillar) and that's why your replaced graphic blinks. You need to give the new graphic two frames or replace a pillar that only has one frame. You use the wrong crate-top texture; do you do this intentionally? It's irritating and helps to break "the third wall". I got stuck in the box of rockets crate--there seems to be no way out. I like how the map looks in the editor: the way it's not snapped to grid--gives it a comic-book look or something.

Is there access to the BFG yet? I got stuck on the other side of the fence in the screenshot you posted with the soul sphere beckoning me.

The wall to the left of which shows the BFG opens up. And to get the soul sphere, you need to go up on top of the building that carries u to the other side of the fence, but then travel around the top sides of it to the otherside.

I also dont know what other rooms I can make. I can only think of a library and more bedrooms

Leon said:

I also dont know what other rooms I can make. I can only think of a library and more bedrooms

you could watch an episode of Cribs for inspiration.

I played your WAD, and I have some thoughts on it:

• It was really diffucult to get through the level because of how most of how to get thorugh the level was done by secrets.
  • After looking at your map with Doom Builder 2, most of the sectors looked imperfect and crooked.
  • Most of the lifts were pointless because of how you could just walk on top of them simply with no extra effort at all.
  • Your texturing could use some work, because some of the crate tops did not match with the crate sidedefs.
  • Speaking of crates, the crates' shapes looked imperfect as well.
  • Some of the colums kept trnasformimg back and fourth to a colum with a heart on it and a tall colum with spikes. What was up with that?
  • The music doesn't work for some reason. What could be wrong?
Overall, the WAD was OK, but it could use some more work.