Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone here really care for that? I know it's a Skulltag thing, and generally I see not a lot of people are Skulltag fans here, but I think it's really good and atmospheric. Too bad I suck at being the murderer....and killing the murderer.

What are your guy's feelings on it?

I had an awesome 1on1 in the prison level. Me with a nearly empty pistol vs the Murderer, with those klaxons blaring. brrrr

It's pretty entertaining, unlike the other popular ST mods.

I'm never the murderer. Ever. That one time I was, the guy beside me just turned and started beating me silly.

Being the murderer is hard. Whenever I see someone kill everyone, I just say "How?!". Game is fun stuff. I really like the clock tower level. The music is great and the atmosphere is above par. Level design shows hard work. Wish I could make levels like that...

One of the best mods for Skulltag, no doubt. I play it regularly, albeit rarely without an alias. I am pretty good at it, but I do agree, being the murderer can be a pain in the ass, especially with the broken punch checks (the murderer does more damage with punch (and any weapon really) than the innocents, so they just fist each other and then stack up). I can't wait for it to be patched so we can get more out of the game.

killer2 said:

broken punch checks

Worst game breaker ever. It almost always turns into 'Retarded innocents killing eachother'

Untamed64 said:

Worst game breaker ever. It almost always turns into 'Retarded innocents killing eachother'

Or into 'Retarded innocents teaming up unfairly and kicking the murd's ass'.

Played quite a bit of this lately, it's a ton of fun, very different than stock doom, in fact you'll probably suck a lot even if you're a doom god.

It's running on http://zandronum.com/ right now so addicting.

I am glad you like it. Trust me, the next version is surely going to be a lot better than the current one (major weapon rebalancing incoming). There will also be a couple of new maps by various authors.

This sounds like an interesting mod. For the benefit of those who haven't played it, can someone give a brief description?

I'll try to do my best. This mod needs at least 2 people to be playable, but ideally there need to be more than four to be enjoyable. At the start of a map, there are 30 seconds of "safety" during which players stock up on stimpaks, weapons and ammo and find keys. After this, a murderer is chosen at random. Everyone else is considered "innocent".

The murderer looks just like everyone else unless he's holding the knife (a murderer specific weapon), which will make him have a custom skin. The knife is the most effective melee weapon, and it can be used to "backstab" people that are turning their backs at you. The murderer starts with more hp if there are more innocents in the game. The murderer has to kill everyone to win the game, while everyone else has to kill the murderer. The murderer also automatically starts with 3 stimpaks and some murditems to help him do his job (trip shotguns, gas vials, fake stimpaks etc.).
Most melee weapons in the game (with the exception of the knife) apply a stun effect that slows for a certain time. This stun effect is great when chasing murd, as he is faster than the innocents when holding the knife. There are also ranged weapons, which are very powerful but have limited ammo suplies and ammo comes in short ammounts throughout the map. There are also thrown weapons, the brick (slows the murd by a huge amount) and the molotov (used to block off an area).
Also, if the murd is being chased by a lot of innocents, he can hide in one of the "murderer walls", which are special areas accessible only by the murd. They are marked with an exclamation mark. At least one of the walls will contain supplies for the murd, most of which respawn at a fairly fast pace (with the exception of the medkits).
Identifying the murderer by color is not efficient in this game, because the color can be changed at any time.

At the end of the game, the murderer is given a score and a medal, both indicating how well he has done. Medals range from "pathetic" to "perfect". The murderer gains score from killing innocents, and loses score when using items (this will be reworked at some point, to make sure the murd doesn't lose points from using the items effectively). The murderer also gains a bit of health every time he kills an innocent.

Well, I guess that about sums it up. Other things that should be noted is that the servers are usually crowded at certain times (by the night in my region), while empty in others. I am not very sure why. Also, most of the melee weapons are currently broken (the shovel and pool cue are too strong, while the wrench is too weak). Some are too powerful and some too weak. This will be reworked in a future version, but for now everyone has to deal with it. Also, there is a glitch with the M1, never pick it up if you had a weapon before, as it will glitch and make you unable to use it or pick other weapons.

EDIT:I forgot to talk about the Sanity and TK systems.
When the murd starts a round, he receives a sanity bar. It is full and slowly keeps draining. If it is depleted, the murderer will die (it is implied he kills himself). The sanity bar can be refilled in small quantities by taking damage or killing rats, and in large quantities (roughly half capacity) by killing a player. Some sanity is also regained when someone spectates or disconnects, or (I think) when an innocent kills another. There is also a large sanity penalty if someone enters your murd wall by following really close to you as you open it. That person will die and you will lose half of current sanity. (this will be reworked in the next patch which will make it impossible for innocents to follow you in the wall)
As for the TK system, when an innocent kills another, he is marked with a yellow aura and loses all of his current medkits. The aura can be beaten off by taking enough damage. If said innocent kills someone again, he receives a red aura, which means other innocents are free to kill him for his mishaps. If somehow he kills yet another innocent, he dies instantly. The TK system will also receive a MAJOR rework in the next patch.
For more detailed information about everything, I suggest anyone interested to read this thread.

killer2 said:

especially with the broken punch checks

I really can't get over how dumb of an idea this is/was (is it being worked out?). Completely ruins what was a great idea.

killer2 said:

It's a glitch that has been fixed months ago.

Ah, I had no idea - I played it last year and was put off by it for that particular reason.