Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

High Sensitivity or Low Sensitivity?

I prefer mouse acceleration. That way I can have both low and high and everything between.

Mogul said:

This thread is nigh-useless without posting real measurements or at the very least mouse/driver configurations along with in-game (per engine) sensitivity slider descriptions.

Why? Are you doing a research project or something? Make your own thread.

I used to have an extremely high sens (~3cm 360) because of my technique of anchoring the heel of my palm on the edge of my desk. But low sens is just crucial for aim, so I re-learned with a higher sens (~8cm 360). I chose those values because it's about as far as I can whip my wrist left or right while getting 180 degrees (~4cm 180) -- mousing with your arm is just silly. To be honest, at first I was pretty pissed, but within maybe 2 weeks I noticed a huge improvement, so I highly recommend at least investigating low sens.

Somewhere between 80 and 90%. I tend to move the mouse with my wrist rather than my whole arm.

Mogul said:

This thread is nigh-useless without posting real measurements or at the very least mouse/driver configurations along with in-game (per engine) sensitivity slider descriptions.

Thanks to those of you that put in more than a few seconds of thought before posting, though.

In terms of cm --> 180/360, Q3 values work well-enough with DOOM II, provided you're not Toxic and play with something insanely low like 4cm -> 360. There are some good articles on ESReality about mouse-tweaking as well as some in-depth descriptions of Quake III pro mouse settings. It's worth taking a look as a hardcore DOOM II DMer. The kind of hardware available now and that kind of in-depth research on gamers' mice just didn't exist in DOOM II's hey-day.

d00d you are so hardc0re can I be your friend

...I'm surprised with all that leet knowledge, you don't know real men don't use punctuation in forum posts.

LOW=======MEDIUM=======HIGH
---------------------^

Works for me on doom and battlefield.

I have mouse_sensitivity at 24 and mouse_acceleration at 1.7 in Chocolate Doom and at 40 and 3.5, respectively in Odamex with mouse_type 0.

I find high sensitivity is a must 50%-70% of the bar. Generally because when I want to aim really accurately I use my hands differently when moving the mouse. But for those kick ass swingshots and drastic action shots I can just flick the mouse to them.

Last time I measured my sensitivity I had 3cm/360 on Odamex, around the same on Skulltag, but I use higher on Chocolate Doom. My sensitivity values are 70, 2.0, and 50, respectively. It's hard to get the values matching well, but what I have works fairly well.

LOW=======MEDIUM=======HIGH
------------------^

Depends on the game, but usually, I use about that to just directly medium. STALKER, I use medium because I like sniping and can't afford to twitch aim my shots off into oblivion. Unreal Tournament however, is like gaming on crack, and I need the high sensitivity.

For me sensitivity lies on what game, and how it handles or something. Each game feels different. On Doom the sensitivity for GZDoom is kind of in the middle, for TF2 I have medium low, Dino D-Day Medium High... It depends on the game really I guess. Most I do in the middle, but some games differ. Max Payne I think I have rather low sensitivity.