Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

What Myers-Briggs personality type are you?

EDIT: Okay, never mind, this thread is now about Myers-Briggs personality types.

Original post:

So, what is your personality like compared to your musical tastes? I'm curious to see what the rest of your results will be.
http://www.outofservice.com/music-personality-test/
These are my results:
http://www.outofservice.com/music-personality-test/results/?complex=72&edgy=43&fun=13&energetic=66

http://www.outofservice.com/music-personality-test/results/?complex=84&edgy=87&fun=19&energetic=18

Based on this I don't think music really reflects my personality very much at all. I mean, I don't get into politics. At all. I'm not even entirely sure what a "Conservative" and a "Liberal" are, nor do I really care. I don't enjoy taking risks and I'm not typically open to new experiences (I've eaten a plain ham and cheese sandwich at Subway everyday for four years straight, and only a couple months ago did I finally switch to buffalo chicken. I also didn't go on my first roller-coaster (the upside-down flippy kind) till I was 20.) That should paint a pretty clear image of my personality, for those who want to know. Most of the shit I do is largely made possible with considerable amounts of coaxing from my friends, and I'm trying to avoid being a complete lame-ass.

And why in the hell am I saying all this on here?

yukib1t said:

Also...
What ಠ_ಠ

Lol, I got a kick out of the "Other" option myself. After all the other choices, what else could there possibly be?

Shadow Dweller said:

Lol, I got a kick out of the "Other" option myself. After all the other choices, what else could there possibly be?

Pansexual, asexual, omnisexual, and I think there are still a few others. My disappointment was their equating of that with sexuality, though. Just a minor annoyance, nothing big.

What did any of that sexual preference and where you live stuff have to do with my results? Is my information recorded in some kinda census type thing? Also a lot of my personality traits tended to conflict and contradict each other. It seemed cool at first but I didn't really learn anything or associate very well with it. It seemed very vague almost like a horoscope. But then again I didn't really score very high on anything. I got 24% on agressive and edgy and 1% on everything else. I hate everything.

Re: topic (haven't clicked the link, just the premise itself). Anyone who sticks to specific music genres based on social norms is missing out in my opinion, but to each their own.

Yeah, the quiz does suck, I shouldn't have bothered making this thread. Guess I'll try to salvage it into something useful.

Discuss your Myers-Briggs personality type here. I'm an INTP, it describes me perfectly.

40oz said:

What did any of that sexual preference and where you live stuff have to do with my results? Is my information recorded in some kinda census type thing?

It also asks you for your postal/zip code which I refused to enter.

Anyway, filled it out for shits and giggles: http://www.outofservice.com/music-personality-test/results/?complex=78&edgy=92&fun=58&energetic=45. It's completely meaningless though.

I don't know what Myers-Briggs personality types are and I don't care enough to find out. The music/personality test is also beneath me :P

Sodaholic said:

Yeah, the quiz does suck, I shouldn't have bothered making this thread. Guess I'll try to salvage it into something useful.

Discuss your Myers-Briggs personality type here. I'm an INTP, it describes me perfectly.

In many ways I'm an almost stereotypical INFP, and have been 9/10 times I've taken the test. The only other result I've gotten is INFJ, which is still pretty close to INFP.

For a while I was real into learning about all the Myers-Briggs stuff and started hanging around another forum geared towards the idea. But the more I interacted with others there, the less interested I became.

GreyGhost said:

What personality type are you if you don't like taking personality type tests?

null

DoomUK said:

It also asks you for your postal/zip code which I refused to enter.

That's where I stopped entering info and canned the page. Bleagh.

Given the lack of progressive rock, new wave, Celtic, post-punk, etc., it's pretty damn obvious that this test is broken. Added to the fact that it doesn't distinguish eras of a certain genre, I can say with full confidence that this is stupid.

Doom Dude said:

That's where I stopped entering info and canned the page. Bleagh.

I usually just stuff fake numbers in those. My standard postal code is T4B 2P2.

yukib1t said:

What ಠ_ಠ

They probably meant Tranny Chaser. Unless they really do think being trans is a sexual orientation. Whatever. I don't see how that has anything to do with the results, so why are they even asking?

Snakes said:

Given the lack of progressive rock, new wave, Celtic, post-punk, etc., it's pretty damn obvious that this test is broken. Added to the fact that it doesn't distinguish eras of a certain genre, I can say with full confidence that this is stupid.

It also seems to think that I hate upbeat music because I can't stand rap. What.

Well shit. I took the original test in this thread thinking it was going to tell me what Myer-Briggs personality I am. Now I feel dumb after re-reading the original post. Any hotlinks to a site which can tell you your Myer-Briggs personality type?