Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peach freak

Is the Tower of Babel in Deimos or Hell?

I've been wondering this for a while. Every now and then, I think of what Doom would look like if the entire game was created as a mod for Doom 3 (I know we have the first episode, but I can dream, right?).

Do you think the Tower of Babel was in Deimos or in Hell? I have one dumb theory that it was an observation deck or something on Deimos before being completely taken over by the Demons, or the rooftop of the Deimos base below.

Thanks.

You see it progressively built each time you see the intermission screen. In this episode the fusion between Hell and reality is strongly suggested.

So, I'd say it's in a corrupted Deimos.

It's on Deimos, the end-of-episode text makes that pretty clear. Kill cyberdemon, blahblahblah, look over edge of moon, blahblahblah, see awful truth, yaddayaddayadda.

Although, of course, at that point, it's stated Deimos is floating over Hell, so in a sense, both options are true and your question is a false dilemma.

I like how the episode 2 ending suggests:

- hell is full of thorny spikes just like that brown sprite decoration which only appears (only in the Doom that started it all) in hell. Consistency.

- Deimos is a rock floating in the sky, and that motif was reused in Doom 3.

K!r4 said:

You see it progressively built each time you see the intermission screen.

I can't believe that I've been playing this game for almost 20 years and haven't noticed that until now.

The Tower of Babel is on Deimos, but Deimos is in hell.

Ubik said:

I can't believe that I've been playing this game for almost 20 years and haven't noticed that until now.

I never realized it either until a few month ago where it was brought up in another topic. Blows your mind, eh?

peach freak said:

Is the Tower of Babel in Deimos or Hell?

Yes