Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

"dm1.wad" uploaded

(Thread also found here.)

I recently finished and uploaded a map which I set up to be a deathmatch arena, but I'm not sure if it appropriately classifies as one. The size of the map mainly concerns me. You can find it here. Tell me what you think.

it's ok... one thing I would do though is to raise the teleporters' floors by 8 units so you can see them more clearly

too large? i disagree, i prefer slightly biger maps.

uh, rsky_1 doesn't quite stretch to cover the windows if you run right up to the three window 'colums'. I'd raise them 8.

/me does it myself :P

uh, yeah, I'd make the teleporters a little more obvious too, otherwis i like this, I'll play cajun in it

It's a little dull... try add some bright light sources for contrast and decorate with computers or something... always works.

Originally posted by Fredrik
It's a little dull... try add some bright light sources for contrast and decorate with computers or something... always works.

bah, that wouldn't be in keeping with the theme, unless you used sparing amounts of monitors set into the walls.

The wad has been updated:
I raised the teleporters in the torched pillar areas by 8 pts and improved the lighting on them. I also fixed the unwanted ceiling flat changes also found in the torched pillar areas. The main ceiling flat is RROCK03 but MFLR8_2 was on the sectors that provide the light from the torch.)

Pritch: Yeah I noticed that too, but if I did raise those sectors to compensate, the texture's alignment wouldn't look right. (I was trying to keep the appropriate scale with the length of the METAL2 / 4 textures (32, 64, 96, 128...) Besides, I didn't think it would be much of a problem.

If you raise it, you can use unpegging and offsetting to make the textures aligned.