Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

U.S. Navy Jet Crashes into Apartment in Virginia

Recommended Posts

There was this scary accident that involved a jet crashing into an apartment building in Virginia. Thankfully there are no reports of deaths, but there were five people that were taken to the hospital. Two pilots were believed to be ejected from the jet.

Read this article for more info.

Share this post


Link to post

They suspended that a loooong time ago. No, I think the next logical step is to just do away with the courts entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Chex Warrior said:

Yeah heard about that, it happened like 5 miles from my house.

Wow, did you go over to see what happened because of how you're so close to it?

Share this post


Link to post
NitroactiveStudios said:

Wow, did you go over to see what happened because of how you're so close to it?

Meh, I wouldn't make a point to go over to see it on purpose even if it happened across the street.

This sort of... what's the word, voyeurism? Either way, it weirds me out. Why do we humans have such morbid curiosity to gaze onward at the site of a disaster? It's like slowing down on the freeway to catch a glimpse of the scene of a traffic accident. It's not that I don't care, but if there's not anything I can do to contribute positively in any way, I'd just be getting in the way. Why on Earth would I just sit there and watch?

Still, to each his/her own. It's not like anyone's being obtrusive by watching/reading the news about the event (or even spreading it, like here), though I tend to unconsciously avoid the news for probably similar reasons to this. *shrugs*

Share this post


Link to post

Live in DC, heard about it today from mom.


Speculation is about the only thing that makes this a hot topic. Everyone wants to know why this happened. A lot of them will believe government involvemen; alot of others will believe terrorist involvement; etc.

To be honest we can't ever truly know, as we are part of the general public. However, something this severe requests immediate action, and I gurantee you there will be a shitshow in the near future

Share this post


Link to post
NitroactiveStudios said:

There was this scary accident that involved a jet crashing into an apartment building in Virginia. Thankfully there are no reports of deaths, but there were five people that were taken to the hospital. Two pilots were believed to be ejected from the jet.

Read this article for more info.


Yeah, well, the Thunderbird pilot that crashed into the park during one of the Cheyenne Frontier Days festivals stayed in to direct the aircraft safely away from any people. Seems these two navy pilots decided that saving their multimillion dollars worth of training by ejecting rather than doing their best to keep from anyone else getting hurt was more important. It's good that nobody got killed anyway, but they probably could have prevented the injuries that did happen.

Share this post


Link to post

Yahoo:

Tyrel said:

Pilots staying with the aircraft in order to dump fuel to avoid civilian casualties before ejecting = heroes. Kid rescuing ensnared pilot with knife = awesome. People running to scene to search for injured people and help = true Americans.


Doomworld:

Nomad said:

Seems these two navy pilots decided that saving their multimillion dollars worth of training by ejecting rather than doing their best to keep from anyone else getting hurt was more important. It's good that nobody got killed anyway, but they probably could have prevented the injuries that did happen.

heh

Share this post


Link to post
Nomad said:

Yeah, well, the Thunderbird pilot that crashed into the park during one of the Cheyenne Frontier Days festivals stayed in to direct the aircraft safely away from any people. Seems these two navy pilots decided that saving their multimillion dollars worth of training by ejecting rather than doing their best to keep from anyone else getting hurt was more important. It's good that nobody got killed anyway, but they probably could have prevented the injuries that did happen.


They dumped their fuel, and they didn't have much time to direct it anywhere other than where it was going to hit.

Dying along with anyone else wouldn't have helped the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Xaser said:

It's not that I don't care, but if there's not anything I can do to contribute positively in any way, I'd just be getting in the way. Why on Earth would I just sit there and watch?

I guess it should be the education one gets to go there, call the emergencies, watch and have the opportunity to be helpful (by whatever means).

Share this post


Link to post
Xaser said:

Why on Earth would I just sit there and watch?

Because it's not every day that a fighter jet crashes into a house?

You're right, rubbernecking without any intention to offer aid is pretty lousy when people have been hurt/killed. But most of us are going to be guilty of it, especially when it's something pretty extraordinary. Pretty sure it would have been difficult not watching the WTC collapse if you were in New York on that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Nomad said:

Yeah, well, the Thunderbird pilot that crashed into the park during one of the Cheyenne Frontier Days festivals stayed in to direct the aircraft safely away from any people. Seems these two navy pilots decided that saving their multimillion dollars worth of training by ejecting rather than doing their best to keep from anyone else getting hurt was more important. It's good that nobody got killed anyway, but they probably could have prevented the injuries that did happen.

Shut up that's how Chopper died

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×