Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
K3K

Any Good Editors BESIDES Doom Builder?

I've used doom builder and got sick of using it. I hear of better editors out there but can anyone tell me any? PS: WADauthor I've already used.

TB171 said:

I hear of better editors out there but can anyone tell me any?

As of now they don't exist, Slade is still a work-in-progress and there doesn't seem to be anything else on the horizon.

What is it about Doom Builder you're most sick of?

It's all a matter of preference, of course, but I certainly haven't found anything better than DB2. The old version of SLADE was okay, but I never liked it as much as DB1. Never liked working with sector-based editors.

GreyGhost said:

As of now they don't exist, Slade is still a work-in-progress and there doesn't seem to be anything else on the horizon.

What is it about Doom Builder you're most sick of?

I keep getting random errors as of the latest version. I really prefer DB1 over DB2.

I've heard that SLADE2 has nearly all features Doom Builder does (okay, maybe not UDMF). In fact, I feel that SLADE's drawback is the name. It doesn't sound as catchy as Doom Builder.

TB171 said:

I keep getting random errors as of the latest version.

Have you reported those errors on the development forum or checked if there are ways to resolve them? Failing that, you could post the error logs in this thread (along with your system specs) and cross your fingers. You could also try rolling back to a slightly older version.

GreyGhost said:

Have you reported those errors on the development forum or checked if there are ways to resolve them? Failing that, you could post the error logs in this thread (along with your system specs) and cross your fingers. You could also try rolling back to a slightly older version.

Thanks, I will try an older version :) And maybe send an error report.