Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chrono_T

BFOD [EDGE mod]

5 years ago this day i finished a mod for someone's project, but unfortunately the guy i made them for has been since long gone. Since I finished this mod but never released it, I switched out all the weapon sprites that were in the mod (a buncha cs rips that he did), tweaked the code a lil bit, and decided to release it. Its still old as heck so it isn't the best. Credits in the wad.

here u go

pics vvv
http://i40.tinypic.com/23l0sy.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/x2vrso.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/28mcsjb.jpg

Cool, thanks for posting this even if the original project disappeared and it's old material. I'll try it out as I'm still quite partial to EDGE.

EDIT: Cool stuff. Laser sights for all!

The scope on the AUG has a crazy weird glitch effect on the latest EDGE though.

That enemy-vaporising appropriation of HL's tau cannon is pretty badass.

I'm curious, where are the double-barreled shotgun and the silenced pistol graphics from? I know the hands are an amalgamation of sources & mostly from Blood, but I'm curious about those two weapons.

At thr risk of posting the same question twice a year at Doomworld;

Which version of edge should we be using?

zZaRDoZz said:

Which version of edge should we be using?

It seemed to work fine with the latest version of EDGE, apart from the scope zoom glitch that I encountered on the AUG assault rifle. That version of EDGE also happens to be the last one as the port is no longer being developed.

since it is an older mod you should be fine with an older version of the port, one that doesn't have that bad zoom bug

Just posting this again as you appear to have missed it:

Nick Perrin said:

I'm curious, where are the double-barreled shotgun and the silenced pistol graphics from? I know the hands are an amalgamation of sources & mostly from Blood, but I'm curious about those two weapons.

(Much appreciated.)

The zoom problem is simple to fix with a workaround for regular EDGE.

Not too sure here, but I believe I fixed the zoom bug in the last binary of 3dge.

EDIT: No, it's still there in my release, I apologize, I forgot to commit the bugfix afterall.

Nice stuff, Chrono!
IMHO some sprites are still a bit rough wrt some other sets you've made, but it's got that smoothness of you and solid feel as usual! :-)

Chrono_T said:

blammo

So I take it you made the SOCOM pistol yourself with some clever editing? If not (or at least not entirely) I'd love to see the source of that too.

Sorry for all the questions - I'm just about finished honing in on all the weapon resources to cover my needs for what I'm currently working on. (combining multiple sources, not ripping anyone's stuff outright)