Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

George Zimmerman attorneys quit as counsel

Recommended Posts

He should have thought twice before pulling that trigger then.

Share this post


Link to post

He should have thought twice before approaching a man the police told him not to approach then.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh yeah, tons of shootings all over that get little media attention, then suddenly a hispanic shoots a black guy and the powers that be try to turn it into a hyped (white?) vs black race war to divide and conquer everyone.. with obama saying if he had a son he'd look like trayvon and the 'new black panthers', which might have fbi shills leading them to start racial tension deliberately calling for race war and crap. Is it obama's election stunt 'vote for me cuz I'm black like trayvon, even though I'm muslim, ignore that that lobbyist behind the curtain'. This is mostly alex jones' take; I know little about the incident. Or use this as some lame racial tension excuse to go invade africa with 'kony 2012'. Saw a good metaphor on youtube, this one wasp invades an ant lair and releases a chemical that makes all the ants fight eachother instead of the wasp.

Share this post


Link to post
gggmork said:

This is mostly alex jones' take; I know little about the incident.


This is a pretty dangerous attitude towards current events; as you are someone who seems to closely follow Alex Jones, I'd assume you believe that it's important to be informed, question everything, and never blindly believe what you are told? In this case, you are making a double standard by regurgitating his arguments without even knowing much about the content. Alex Jones is just as if not more fallible than other media outlets.

Bucket said:

Alex Jones is about as kooky as you can get.


He's not wrong about everything and every once in a while makes a good, substantiated point. But he's also extremely paranoid to the point of ridiculous often as well, with all kinds of far-fetched ideas that tend to discredit his whole platform.

Of course, you can always get kookier if you look for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Bucket said:

Alex Jones is about as kooky as you can get.


I used to listen to Mancow (since I'm in Chicago) and he was worse than Alex Jones. Mancow would flip sides too. Just 2 guys that need to fill a show with the sound of their own voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Aliotroph? said:

His comment that Obama is a Muslim (assuming gggmork wasn't adding his own thought) is just silly.

The fact that leading members in American government believe in any deity is unsatisfactory.

Hey guys: since everyone whines about race discussion let's take a zimmermun thread and make it a religious debate.

ATHEEST ARE PRIX WHY CANT THEY BE TOLERUN

Share this post


Link to post
Aliotroph? said:

His comment that Obama is a Muslim (assuming gggmork wasn't adding his own thought) is just silly.


I think it's important to point out that the media openly ridicules Mitt Romney for being a mormon, yet says nothing about Obama being muslim at one point in his early life, which is fact. Some religions are better than others, huh? But then again, Harry Reid is a mormon and nobody gets on him about it. Guess your religion is only offensive if you oppose the mighty Obummer.

Share this post


Link to post
DuckReconMajor said:

Hey guys: since everyone whines about race discussion let's take a zimmermun thread and make it a religious debate.

It's only fair, since every other thread here gets turned into a Zimmerman thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Vordakk said:

I think it's important to point out that the media openly ridicules Mitt Romney for being a mormon, yet says nothing about Obama being muslim at one point in his early life, which is fact. Some religions are better than others, huh? But then again, Harry Reid is a mormon and nobody gets on him about it. Guess your religion is only offensive if you oppose the mighty Obummer.

ALL the MSM cares about is kerry being an antiwar peacenick and they never say a word about bush being a cokehead in his youth...WAAAAAAAAA

Share this post


Link to post
Vordakk said:

Some religions are better than others, huh?


I'm an atheist, but yes. Some are better, some are worse.

Granted Mormons are pretty harmless and haven't been producing many violent extremists lately. They're just a little ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Quast said:

ALL the MSM cares about is kerry being an antiwar peacenick and they never say a word about bush being a cokehead in his youth...WAAAAAAAAA


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_substance_abuse_controversy

Take a look at the "Notes" section. I'm pretty sure that The Washington Post, CNN, and The New York Times fall under the umbrella of "Main Stream Media". I'd say nice try but it really wasn't.

Nick Perrin said:

Granted Mormons are pretty harmless and haven't been producing many any violent extremists lately. They're just a little ridiculous.


Fixed that for you. All the violent extremists I've read about recently seem to come from one faith. But god help us if we offend someone by saying what that is.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, suicide buddhists been hitting the church lately. Stay strong christian soldiers!

In all seriousness though how many violent extremists have you read about lately?

Share this post


Link to post
Vordakk said:

Take a look at the "Notes" section. I'm pretty sure that The Washington Post, CNN, and The New York Times fall under the umbrella of "Main Stream Media". I'd say nice try but it really wasn't

I see 1 article from the 2004 election...and it has nothing to do with bush. It's an article about billy graham.

Share this post


Link to post
DuckReconMajor said:

In all seriousness though how many violent extremists have you read about lately?

That must mean America's war on terror is working! Quickly, send more troops to the middle east! Start check under foreskins and demand pap smears at airports to further ensure our freedom!

Share this post


Link to post
Vordakk said:

All the violent extremists I've read about recently seem to come from one faith.

Yeah, no, there's examples of religious extremism from religions other than Islam. Ever hear of abortion clinic bombings? Those are Christians.

Share this post


Link to post
DuckReconMajor said:

In all seriousness though how many violent extremists have you read about lately?


Oh just these few here.

Sodaholic said:

Yeah, no, there's examples of religious extremism from religions other than Islam. Ever hear of abortion clinic bombings? Those are Christians.


I never said other religions didn't have extremist sects. But to date, violence directed towards abortion providers has killed eight people in the U.S. So yeah brah, Christian extremists and Muslim extremists are, like, totally comparable and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Vordakk said:

Oh just these few here.



I never said other religions didn't have extremist sects. But to date, violence directed towards abortion providers has killed eight people in the U.S. So yeah brah, Christian extremists and Muslim extremists are, like, totally comparable and stuff.


If you're going to compare religious extremists you have to look beyond America. They come in all flavours and are up to stuff all the time everywhere.

Meanwhile, Zimmerman is charged with 2nd degree murder.

Share this post


Link to post

If you want to see what non-Muslim extremists can do, check out Israel. Jewish religious extremists have teamed up with the Israeli government and the results are delightful things like support for the fanatic settlers (whom themselves are religious extremists), a society that's increasingly being divided into secular and religious fanatics thanks to the extremist's actions, extremist readings of Judaism slowly starting to bleed into Israeli law, and their uncompromising stance on Palestine.

Closer to home, the Republican Party in the USA is launching a wave of anti-women laws throughout the country in order to rile up the religious fanatics that are basically a majority in their party at this point. They're playing games with the reproductive rights of 50.8% of the population in order to please fanatics, which is unacceptable.

To me, these manifestations of religious extremism are far more dangerous than the stereotypical Muslim bomber. They strike the very core of a society and attempt to impose their backwards laws on everyone, which is a lot scarier and much more harmful than "brown man make a building go boom :( :( :( :(".

Share this post


Link to post
Vordakk said:

Oh just these few here.



I never said other religions didn't have extremist sects. But to date, violence directed towards abortion providers has killed eight people in the U.S. So yeah brah, Christian extremists and Muslim extremists are, like, totally comparable and stuff.


This guy says hi!

On topic: This Zimmerman case is getting blow up way out of proportion, and it's rather annoying that it's still dominating so much media attention. Hopefully the trial is over quick and people can shut up about the whole thing and actually talk about things that matter to the U.S. as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

Yeah, no, there's examples of religious extremism from religions other than Islam. Ever hear of abortion clinic bombings? Those are Christians.


There are also quite a few Jewish religious extremists, but you don't hear about them so often as most of them belong to either the Israeli government or the Israeli army.

EDIT: I see Darkman 4 got there first ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Mr. T said:

The Crusades
The Spanish Inquisition
Catholic Church in Africa
Sabra and Shatila
Cave of the Patriarchs massacre
Assassination of Isaac Rabin


Ah yes of course. How could I have forgotten reading about all those recent events?

Share this post


Link to post
Vordakk said:

Ah yes of course. How could I have forgotten reading about all those recent events?


The bottom four all happened in your lifetime buddy, that's pretty recent. Unless you are like 12 or something (not hard to believe. lol)

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×