Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vermil

Are there lists of the hardcoded line and sector types various ports have added?

Are there lists of the various hardcoded line and sector types (i.e. non-Vanilla) various major ports have added?

I'm mainly interested in the number ID's.

Gez said:

These are correct if you want to be totally careful, but the sector types and line types are not hardcoded in EDGE as they can be re-assigned or changed completely via DDF.

This is probably true of most advanced ports. ZDoom has the xlat system, Doomsday lets you create new line types, etc.

With xlat you can even create new Boom-style generalized line types.

Gez said:

MBF: 270--272

MBF has three? Which is the other one, besides sky transfer and sky transfer flipped?

270 is unused.

And Legacy uses 272 for something else, too (starting a FraggleScript), which makes it a bit problematic for ZDoom to support both without hacks.

Thanks all for the information. It will prove most useful.

One thing I've noticed though, is that sector ID's above 10000 seem to take on non-random properties of Boom's generalized sector types in Zdoom based (or all Boom supporting ports?) ports; different ones depending on whether the map is Doom or Doom in HeXen format. Why is this?

Sector types go from 0 to 17 in Doom. Boom added flags at 32, 64, 128, 256, and 512.

However, sector types go from 0 to 224 in Hexen. So ZDoom shifts the Boom sector flags to a later position to make them compatible with Hexen: the Boom flags start at 256 and end at 4096. (That shift is handled by xlat, too.)

By the way, Heretic sector types go from 0 to 51; so that's another game that's incompatible with the Boom sector flags as-is.