Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jr2nd

cant remeber if its possible? [editing an iwad map]

if i wanted to edit a map from a doom wad how do i load it in to DB?

ie if i wanted to edit Map02 from doom2.wad?

im sure i've done it before but forgotten -.-

anyone?

When Installed Doom Builder. Often when making Select Doom2 game configuration. Select will set installed Doom Builder to Doom2 game configuration. -set \path\doom2\doom2.wad or current.

Goto File, Editmap. Select map02.

definitely not a good idea to edit an iwad, but if you must please make a back up copy of it first before you do anything. Why would you want to edit the iwad anyways? To add a new custom monster or something?

well i have an idea for a mega map but i needed to check something on one of the wad maps i remember seeing before.

Use3D's way was confusing -.-

but i did find it better to simply:

start DB2
OPEN map - Doom2.Wad
then Select Map02

so thanks for the info!

oh another question before i forget again...

how do i load my created wads into doomesday? i wanted to give ones i've made to my bro to play test but i cant seem to get it to recognise my .wad map

There are many ways to load a wad/mod in Doomsday.

One way is to start Snowberry (the name of the Doomsday front end), click the addons tab and press the '+' symbol in the bottom left. In the window that opens, browse to and select your wad; it will make a copy of in your add-ons folder and it will appear on the list of the same name in Snowberry.

Another way, is, as Doomsday can load/unload mods in game, to bring down the console and enter 'load c:\insert full path to wad here\xxxxx.wad'.

Re: in-game loading of mods in Doomsday

Note that you don't have to type the whole path in so long as the mod is located in a directory known to Doomsday. For example, you can use the -vdmap argument to map some directory on your hd to }data/jdoom/ and from then on you can load it simply by name, you don't even need the file extension, e.g., load mymod

I must admit that this is something that I don't really like about DB. It can be very useful to just open up you editor and have the IWAD maps sitting there for any number of reasons - not just to edit them to make a "new" level. I've used just about every editor for Doom that has ever been released and I can't remember any other editors that don't have the IWAD maps loaded by default.

sorry for such a long reply time as i've just got around to showing my brother my wads.

i've tried load c:\temp\e1m1.wad {temp is where it is} and nothing

load e1m1.wad didnt work

i've tried sticking it in the defined "wads" folder and nothing, even sticking it with the doomesday.exe and zippo -.-