Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Death Egg

Make Strife Freeware?

So this was said in the "Freestrife" page by Quasar:

There is a chance that Moses Ma, the founder and CEO of Velocity, is the actual rights holder. I have been in contact with him, but it was in regard to information I was seeking about Morey Goldstein and the issue of licensing was not brought up. However, he is still around and quite active in the San Fran area so if somebody wanted to look him up and see if he knows the licensing status or could sign off on a free release of the assets legally, he'd definitely be the first guy to ask. He seemed reasonably friendly and probably wouldn't go into a blind rage just for having been asked.

Since the topic seemed to be forgotten among other WAD's and Mod's, I thought I'd bring it to this forum and see if someone would want to get a hold of the guy and find out about this.

That thread's only a couple of days stale, so declaring it dead and buried might be a little premature. Start by having a word with Quasar via PM, he might be able to help you out with current contact details.

Heh, I thought he meant distributing Strife :)

If it's as GreyGhost said, then by all means, I agree.

GreyGhost said:

Huh? I under the impression Maes just volunteered to be chief negotiator.

That would be a big mistake.

DoomUK said:

I remember when I argued that Doom should be freeware. Didn't go down well.

You know the differences here don't you.

Everybody said:
stuff about what I might mean by my post

OK, let's solve this mystery for you ;-)

Thread Title: Make Strife Freeware?

My Original Short Reply: Sure, Why Not.

What I Actually Meant: Sure, I agree in principle with the concept of making Strife freeware. It's a great idea and all. Who wouldn't want it? But This doesn't necessarily include me partaking in any work or action required to make it happen.

There ya go :-p

GreyGhost said:

That thread's only a couple of days stale, so declaring it dead and buried might be a little premature.

Indeed, no need for an additional thread, especially one that has gone the way this one has.