Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy 2000

Doomguy's Warzone

Once again I have decided to once again experiment with the ideas I have. This is not a sequel to Doomguy's Warzone but a reboot of the Warzone series. Now this one focuses more on the quality and game modes that made it what it is today. One of the major changes you will notice is that there are no more player classes and alot less content from it's predecessor. I have also gone as far as to nerf some of the monsters to make this wad easier. For example Weightlifter12 now has half of his health including his melee power cut in half. Now I have tried out a slightly different system where I have made easier versions of the game modes to give people a better chance and more importantly more fun as well. I still have Doomguy's Celebrity Nightmare disguised as the old Doom difficulties. The size has been cut down close to 100 MB so I can upload it on my website. I have also removed the IWAD content (by creating a new wad from scratch instead of using the old one I created a couple of years ago) that was in the previous edition so you will see some recolors for certain monsters of mine.

The New title pic:

Only one video this time around:

The WAD can be downloaded with the following link:
http://www.doomguy2000.com/uploads/2/7/2/1/2721821/warboot.zip

Feedback if you interested:
http://www.doomguy2000.com/feedback.html

EarthQuake said:

Sorry dude, but we dropped the worst wad award last year...

I think this should be the resurrection of Jokewads...

Clonehunter said:

I think this should be the resurrection of Jokewads...

I wish, those kind of wads are my favorites. It would be something to see more of them again.

Looks like a mess of random shit put together to make a bigger pile of crap. Likely very unbalanced and unfun to play.

Did you change any of the code of the weapons/monsters/etc you lifted from Realm 667?

And speaking of Realm 667, that Quad Shotgun you show off in the video most certainly isn't. I take it you contacted the creator of the sprites to ask their permission to use them?

Necromancer-AMV said:

Did you change any of the code of the weapons/monsters/etc you lifted from Realm 667?

And speaking of Realm 667, that Quad Shotgun you show off in the video most certainly isn't. I take it you contacted the creator of the sprites to ask their permission to use them?

Not by a whole lot since most of it was fine. I did beef up the smasher so it does more damage. Scalliano used that quad shotgun in his shuffle and got permission to use it in his mod so I don't see why I can't use it.

Doomguy 2000 said:

Scalliano used that quad shotgun in his shuffle and got permission to use it in his mod so I don't see why I can't use it.

Wrong. LoganMTM gave ME permission to use the Cannon Shotgun from Legacy Of Suffering because I contacted him directly and asked if I could include it. That does not automatically grant other modders carte blanche to rip it from my mod instead of Logan's.

My mod grants permission to reuse its resources (not doing so would be somewhat hypocritical of me), but then again, I imagine that the concept of common courtesy would be beyond the author of a piece of "work" such as this.

I'm also using the Quad Shotgun sprites in Satanic Redux, though I emailed Licinio for permission and he granted it; as I understand it, he made the actual sprites.

It's not exactly hard to do.

scalliano said:

Wrong. LoganMTM gave ME permission to use the Cannon Shotgun from Legacy Of Suffering because I contacted him directly and asked if I could include it. That does not automatically grant other modders carte blanche to rip it from my mod instead of Logan's.

My mod grants permission to reuse its resources (not doing so would be somewhat hypocritical of me), but then again, I imagine that the concept of common courtesy would be beyond the author of a piece of "work" such as this.

Also, the fact that your weren't making a conscious effort to create the ultimate, shitty megawad of the universe probably had some influence on his decision.

Even for a doomer like me who loves fighting a wide variety of monsters, this is utter garbage. The vast majority of the items being utterly useless (with the few being unbalanced in the player's favor) doesn't help this at all. Not to mention that the majority of the bestiary (nevermind the whole plagiarism issue) are either too overpowered or absurdly irritating to deal with, let alone, hit...or both.

Doomguy 2000, you do realize that nobody likes your WAD, right? Even every time you reboot it?

I once made a really shitty jokewad with the goal of itself being a parody of really unfunny amateur jokewads, but nobody thought the concept or execution was any good, and I learned from it. Why do you not learn from your terrible Warzone mods? Surely by now you must realize that no one likes your Warzone mod in general and not just "imperfectly executed" past incarnations?

Seriously, work on something serious/good, and maybe people won't consider you a moron. Give up on Warzone, unless you want to continue making an ass of yourself. For project ideas, try making a techbase episode or something, and not just intentionally crap filled weapon/monster mods.

@Sodaholic - I found it quite funny that (if I'm not mistaken) Doomguy 2000 didn't learn when the majority of the feedback votes on this disasterpiece (six of them to be exact, my vote being one of them) were zero stars. Then again, I doubt Doomguy2k'll be learning from this thread, either.

Edit: Another two cents, one of the non-zero votes was a 2-star vote, meaning that the person this mountain of garbage-of-a-mod wasn't anything special (different strokes, I guess.), and only one five-star vote. No prizes guessing who made the latter vote.

gun_psycho said:

Edit: Another two cents, one of the non-zero votes was a 2-star vote, meaning that the person this mountain of garbage-of-a-mod wasn't anything special (different strokes, I guess.), and only one five-star vote. No prizes guessing who made the latter vote.

How do you get votes breakdown by # of stars? I'd like to know because the average rating isn't very useful.

tempun said:

How do you get votes breakdown by # of stars? I'd like to know because the average rating isn't very useful.

You click on view results to see the number of star ratings on my feedback system.

I sort of like this wad. It feels like a nice throwback to wacky 1995-96 mods that threw in everything plus the kitchen sink for the hell of it. That fool Soda hasn't even finished a single map, so he can go walk off a bridge.

Justince said:

That fool Soda hasn't even finished a single map, so he can go walk off a bridge.

I may be lazy as all hell, but that doesn't disqualify me from calling a crap mod crap. :P I'm skilled enough in editing that I actually could create something good, but I often try to do really ambitious projects, and lose interest, so I rarely finish anything.

I mean, I guess I can see the appeal in terms of a wacky 96ish era mod, but honestly, I think his effort would be better spent on a more serious mod. Eh, oh well.

5 Stars Simply Amazing Gameplay would recommend to any of my friends who play Doom.
9.09% (1 votes)

I'm with this guy :P

Doomguy 2000 said:

Doomguy's Warzone: A New Beginning

Funny, I could swear some of these are clips of the last video you uploaded, just with a sepiatone filter slapped on top in the hopes none that of us would have an IQ higher than a brick or a memory better than that of a goldfish.

...And I noticed you also lifted the Launcher Chaingun from Legacy of Suffering by way of Scalliano's 667 Shuffle! I bet you're proud of yourself for being capable of performing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V! Bravo, chap!

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if the Hell Chaingunner is in there too ...

EDIT: Oh, look, he is.

Necromancer-AMV said:

Funny, I could swear some of these are clips of the last video you uploaded, just with a sepiatone filter slapped on top in the hopes none that of us would have an IQ higher than a brick or a memory better than that of a goldfish.

They are some old clips of older videos. That was the whole point behind the first part of the trailer was the memories of the Golden Era of Doomguy's Warzone. After that first part is the new beginning part of Doomguy's Warzone where you get to see some new monsters and some of the game modes in action.