Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGamingJunkie

Working on a Nitemare 3D mod

New Update: Revamped the engine to get it closer to the feel and added swinging doors ontop of it. The latest version can be downloaded here. Now comes with destructible walls and unique sounds for items among other things.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ab0gf0quqeur2y

Here's some gameplay footage;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAkRi0kaTUA

Special thanks to Sodaholic for assistance in initial ACS scripting.

Awesome to see that your still working on this even through its not much since you last updated about it a long time ago.

Philnemba said:

Awesome to see that your still working on this even through its not much since you last updated about it a long time ago.

That's because my previous efforts were wasted due to repeated hard-drive corruptions. I simply decided, recently, that I would redo the project. Atleast I have some knowledge of GZDoom functions this time around.

Great!

Funny how, when in the elevator, the hud face dude seems anxious if all works properly.

YES! More wolfenstein inspired games on Zdoom! I love the look of that old, blocky Wolf3D engine. :D

But I`m not sure if those different height levels and the elevator fit to the rest of the graphics and the look of the original game. Maybe make everything a little smaller (the walls are huge!) and make the ceiling + floors untextured. :D
Just a suggestion.

MSPaintR0cks said:

YES! More wolfenstein inspired games on Zdoom! I love the look of that old, blocky Wolf3D engine. :D

But I`m not sure if those different height levels and the elevator fit to the rest of the graphics and the look of the original game. Maybe make everything a little smaller (the walls are huge!) and make the ceiling + floors untextured. :D
Just a suggestion.

Well, it's more meant to be an enhancement.

Well, now that you've shown interest, I'll get right on it. :P

I made some minor updates, including changing the sky, adding some sounds and graphics, and making most of the doors (Not sure what to do with the wooden doors since swinging would be difficult with the sector structure so they just go up for now) sliding.

http://i49.tinypic.com/14msa5g.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?79rqtw46t6d3he5

MetroidJunkie said:
Nitemare 3D doesn't have 8-directional sprites so I may or may not edit in backs.

There are two versions of N3D, with different graphics; Dos and Windows.

The Windows one does have 8 directions for many of bad guys.

Once upon a time, there was a Doomsday mod of N3D being made; it used models to imitate the doors, curtains etc. Of course, these days Polymobjs would be better.

Vermil said:

There are two versions of N3D, with different graphics; Dos and Windows.

The Windows one does have 8 directions for many of bad guys.

Once upon a time, there was a Doomsday mod of N3D being made; it used models to imitate the doors, curtains etc. Of course, these days Polymobjs would be better.

The human enemies seem to be the only ones that have 8 directional sprites, the others are front facing only, except for the skeleton which seems to also have a side direction.

D00mfan said:

Are you going to put in the exploding walls?

I'm not that good with ACS, but I imagine it would work with a projectile hitting it by changing textures with a delayed effect so the explosion loops once then changing the texture to nothing and changing the line to nonblocking.

In the first episode there's a puzzle where you have to activate a lift, to activate it you have to shoot Dracula, Dracula then turns into a bat, after that the bat goes down the hallway and activates the lift.

How would you do that in the mod?

D00mfan said:

In the first episode there's a puzzle where you have to activate a lift, to activate it you have to shoot Dracula, Dracula then turns into a bat, after that the bat goes down the hallway and activates the lift.

How would you do that in the mod?

Well, the way it works is Dracula blocks one of the lifts so you can then go through the other one and he's keeping you from being forced out on the one he's blocking. I'm not sure if ACS even has anything like this. I mean, I guess with a monster activated line but it would still involve some DECORATE tampering, something I'm not particularly experienced in.

The mod has undergone some extensive changes since I last updated about it, including a completely custom HUD as well as weapon behavior, exploding walls, pushable blocks, HUD faces (The GOD, EVL, KILL, and OUCH faces aren't yet completed), and enhanced decore. You can see the gameplay footage and download link in the first post above.

http://i46.tinypic.com/1hzhjm.png

I get this error when trying to run the mod:

Script error, "Nitemare3D (1).wad:SBARINFO" line 62:
Expected '{' but got identifier 'drawimage' instead.

I'm getting this error now:

Script error, "Nitemare3D.wad:SBARINFO" line 74:
'Score' is not a type of inventory item.

Great work , I felt so nostalgic when playing this, I like how you can walk down the stairs. One thing though, aren't the Minotaur statues suppose to attack with you with whips like in the Original Nitemare 3D?

D00mfan said:

Great work , I felt so nostalgic when playing this, I like how you can walk down the stairs. One thing though, aren't the Minotaur statues suppose to attack with you with whips like in the Original Nitemare 3D?

They do, look at the animation they make. It just happens to use the original demon bite sound.

Great work, are you going include monsters from the 2nd and 3rd episode? Or are you just doing a remake of episode 1?

D00mfan said:

Great work, are you going include monsters from the 2nd and 3rd episode? Or are you just doing a remake of episode 1?

The extractor gave me some things like the sci-fi doors in the second episode and the fire obstacle from the third but most things are missing, including all Episode 2 and 3 monsters. If you're able to extract Episode 2 and 3 resources, they would be appreciated.

MetroidJunkie said:

The extractor gave me some things like the sci-fi doors in the second episode and the fire obstacle from the third but most things are missing, including all Episode 2 and 3 monsters. If you're able to extract Episode 2 and 3 resources, they would be appreciated.

Did you use the Nitemare 3d extractor from this site ? : http://winwolf3d.dugtrio17.com/downloads.php

I extracted pretty much everything from episode 3 with it.

D00mfan said:

Did you use the Nitemare 3d extractor from this site ? : http://winwolf3d.dugtrio17.com/downloads.php

I extracted pretty much everything from episode 3 with it.

Yeah, that's the one. It may be because I don't really have the full version and can't seem to find it anywhere. Kind of strange how it managed to extract a few things from the other episodes, guess those were slapped in the demo for some reason.