Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just Brutal Doom, a personally altered version of 0.16 test3.

I decided to try this out, even though I never play Doom 1 wads.
I loaded it up and heard the music, then I quit. That`s how bad that midi was/is.

darkreaver said:

I loaded it up and heard the music, then I quit. That`s how bad that midi was/is.

Aww.... I quite liked that music.

Thanks for all demos/comments/videos.

That`s how bad that midi was/is.

:) Here is the original song:

From all these youtube videos, I'm a little surprised. I didn't realize so many people play Doom slow and careful (was runnning even turned off in one video??). I thought everyone just blazed through in classic hyper-Doom-speed-style...

Nick Perrin said:

From all these youtube videos, I'm a little surprised. I didn't realize so many people play Doom slow and careful (was runnning even turned off in one video??). I thought everyone just blazed through in classic hyper-Doom-speed-style...

Personally, I'm a very casual player, especially on new maps. I like to take my time, explore, and study what's around me. I hate speedrunning anything. And running, by default, is turned off and that's how I keep it. :P

PRIMEVAL said:

I hate speedrunning anything. And running, by default, is turned off and that's how I keep it. :P

Sorry I should say I don't mean speedrunning (I usually kill EVERY monster that I can find, and try to find secrets etc), but playing at a fast pace unless there are other factors like low health or massive amounts of monsters. Personally blasting through, if the map is well put together and not too hard for me, is far more exciting to me. Newer games have more detail and atmosphere in general, and I love to slowly walk through the world in Skyrim for example, but what Doom lacks in that it makes up for in raw speed and action. But that's just my opinion.

Playing with running off just seems weird though - the tougher battles in many wads must be a real pain without the agility. There must come a point where you use it out of necessity. Many maps are also designed for Doom's insane running speed, in layout, size and often traps.

EDIT: I'll pop up a let's play with Brutal Doom at some point. Blasting through with that mod makes for some really intense action

Ah I seen your vid on youtube cause I subbed to you. I really liked the design of it.

Sorry, not a big fan of Heretic... The only thing I really like about it is e3m2's music.