Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

If the Biblical Hell was a Physical Place, Where Would it Be?

My guess would be the planet Venus. I mean, it's hot as fuck and its surface is covered in running lava and shit. Plus, it rains sulfuric acid there. Sounds like Hell to me.

Either that or San Francisco.

I like to think that if Hell were a real place it would exist in its own dimension incapable of actually travelling there without some kind of advanced technology and/or magic. Most likely, I've played too much Doom and Dungeons & Dragons to answer that question seriously by any other means.

What is "Biblical Hell" when the Bible has no description of hell? (It doesn't even imply that hell exists/is a separate place...)

Mississippi. Poorest, fattest, least educated, everyone believes the Bible is a literal description of history, etc. Why would Hell be there? Because they'd build it! Also, from my experience at Dell I believe they don't know about computers there yet.

To answer the question more honestly, it has to be another dimension. Anywhere normal is too accessible by man unless it's in another solar system (for now).

Given American entrepreneurship, if a Biblical Hell doesn't yet exist it couldn't BUT be built in America, home of the mall-churches. But with Chinese-made components to keep down cost.

Man I'm living in San Francisco right now, it's actually pretty great. Despite the sun, screw the sun. I miss seasons. My vote would be Florida though, because it has all the problems Mississippi has, except they think that they're great. Also humans were never meant to live there, it's a reclaimed swamp, gets constantly bombarded by hurricanes, has ridiculous humidity, and is filled with old people.

Hell would exist within it's own dimension. Pure chaos, pure evil. Where you do not need eyes to see (Thanks Sam Neill :D ).

I already had in mind it was america :P

njaaah maybe not...

its the sun?? evil feeds this world

I'm sure pretty much any officer/private sector worker thinks that his workplace is the Biblical Hell.

Try to reach R'lyeh once and you'll know what Hell is. Not a single mind remained sane.

chungy said:

What is "Biblical Hell" when the Bible has no description of hell? (It doesn't even imply that hell exists/is a separate place...)

In fact, the concept of Hell seems like it's largely appropriated from the ancient greek concept of Hades.

Shaikoten said:

My vote would be Florida though . . . Also humans were never meant to live there, it's a reclaimed swamp . . . and is filled with old people.

What's wrong with old people!? We have to go somewhere to die so why not Florida? When I'm gone, just dump me in the nearest swamp, the gators will probably appreciate a change of diet.

Shaikoten said:

Florida...because it has all the problems Mississippi has, except they think that they're great. Also humans were never meant to live there, it's a reclaimed swamp, gets constantly bombarded by hurricanes, has ridiculous humidity, and is filled with old people.

Edited by The Lag

GreyGhost said:

When I'm gone, just dump me in the nearest swamp, the gators will probably appreciate a change of diet.

PETA will probably find a reason to protest, e.g. that feeding the poor gators your lifetime's worth of food preservative and medicines constitutes deliberate poisoning and animal cruelty. Hmm I hope I didn't just give them ideas...

Gez said:

Pension funds.

Also a Miyagi-like smartassery (some of them at least). But in Greece we have a proverb: "Never tread on a dead adder and on an old man's privates".

Either like in Doom (because duh) or a dark damp place full of living skeletons.

Krispy said:

Why hasn't anyone suggested the center of the Earth yet?

The center of the earth wouldn't resemble any interpretation of hell really. The surfaces of venus or day-time mercury would be more apt. Of course dante's imagery was of the worst layer of hell as being a place of bitter cold, so maybe pluto too.

Being in the center of the earth would certainly suck though, assuming one somehow had the ability to survive the heat and comprehend the pain. Pinned down to an ultra-dense and ultra-hot iron core while being completely submerged in molten rock...Magma going into your lungs, through your nose, into your ears...That wouldn't be very fun.

Marnetmar said:

Being in the center of the earth would certainly suck though, assuming one somehow had the ability to survive the heat and comprehend the pain. Pinned down to an ultra-dense and ultra-hot iron core while being completely submerged in molten rock...Magma going into your lungs, through your nose, into your ears...That wouldn't be very fun.

How deep? In either case assuming somehow you survived the pressure, which would kill you faster than the heat, either you'd be pinned to the core getting covered in molten metal, or swimming somewhere between molten metals and molten rock, or at the very center, where bad people get squished into tiny chunks of impurities, which will eventually outnumber the nickel and iron (which is coming soon with the rise of homosexuals, Doom players, and people who want to give weed to cancer patients) and cause the Earth to fall apart as a result of man's refusal to repent for their sins.

In any case if the biblical hell was a physical place it would eventually come to an end like the rest of the universe and those filthy sinners would be getting off scott free! Where's a place a guy can light a fire that will burn forever?

inb4 my heart

Going by Maes' thread - Greece right now. Or somewhere like Somalia, where the shit's been going down for years.