Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baten

My mod for doom & doom2

Hi all, in far 1996 i have made a new mod for Doom1 (Doom Plus) and Doom2 (Doom2 Plus). In this pwad some maps are new and made from me, some maps are reworkings of other author maps and some maps are imported from other game (like heretic) and revised.

I must say that the maps were builded with the tools available at that time. Most utilities were run under MS-DOS and my old PC (a 386 DX 40MHZ, 8MB RAM, 200MB HDD) also required a few hours to compile a map or to create a pwad. So do not be surprised of the results.

A few days ago I came across with "Mocha Doom" and I decided to revisit the things that I had created in those years. Many years have passed... and I decided to make them available to all who wish to play.

A warning. The fighting is rather difficult. Weapons are plentiful but the enemies are countless. If you use wisely what is available, you can overcome them.

An advice: Save often.

In the game you will find new monsters (i have replaced the Cacodemon and .. another one :-)) and a new weapon (the electic glove has replaced chainsaw).

Good luck.

PWAD for DOOM1: http://www.mediafire.com/?t94lnqew9gq2p85

PWAD for DOOM2: http://www.mediafire.com/?9be4g1x2jdamndz

General Rainbow Bacon said:

These are cool. They do look old though.[B]

Yes you're right.

[B]Have you played any maps recently[B]

No, but with a bit of time available I will.

[B]these are actually pretty easy by todays standands.[B]

Ok, but the purpose of this mod was not to create very difficult maps, but to create fun maps to spend some time and... from what I've seen... you're enjoyed and busy :-)

I also saw your energy go down to 9%. You stayed alive for a short ;-).
Anyway, you played well, congratulations.
But I think this should be the spirit of a Doom map:

A carefree, violent, ruthless fighting without too many technicalities :-)

Another thing. I did not know prboom plus. I have downloaded it to see your demo after trying zDoom. It's really great.
Fortunately I was able to figure out what was the program from which it was generated and its version from content of lmp file :-).

Thank you

Enjoyed these maps with a blast ;) They gave off a real 1996-esque feeling, and played pretty well. Like said above, these maps were a tad easy (Doom 2 MAP01-03 were very relaxed).

Baten: You're welcome for the demo. You should make more of these, the later half is pretty good too. It's interesting how the style changed halfway through the episode. Consider contributing something to Slaughterfest 2012 if you like making stuff from the first half of the wad.

Also, go through our "top 100 wads of all time" section to get a feel for modern mapping. Welcome back to Doomworld.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Baten: You're welcome for the demo. You should make more of these, the later half is pretty good too. It's interesting how the style changed halfway through the episode. Consider contributing something to Slaughterfest 2012 if you like making stuff from the first half of the wad.

Also, go through our "top 100 wads of all time" section to get a feel for modern mapping. Welcome back to Doomworld.

Thank you GRB. I will try. Between work and family the time available is very little.