Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

Doomworld's Desktop Wallpaper Thread [Read the image-posting rules in the FAQ]

Dragonsbrethren said:

If you combined Doom Marine and Bucket's you'd have mine.

This. And I am lost sometimes.

There's no way to make my desktop screenshots look pretty without trimming the oddly sized monitors to the left and right of my normal 1080p monitor, and even then I would have to censor a lot of my stuff for fear of giving out private info/other people's IP information who may not want it posted. Needless to say, it's usually a gorgeous background photo covered in performance graphs like DoomMarine's, mud clients, remote shells, FTP servers, music and video players, and at minimum half of the windows 7 desktop bar filled up. Although that said, with all the clutter I have less than two columns worth of desktop icons.

Shaikoten said:

Needless to say, it's usually a gorgeous background photo covered in performance graphs like DoomMarine's...

OOh that's helpful in seeing how much performance is used up while opening powerful programs such as Word.

Use3D said:

OOh that's helpful in seeing how much performance is used up while opening powerful programs such as Word.

It's a tendency of mine to alt tab a full screen modern game and completely forget I ever had it open and then open another one. Depending on the games I can sometimes run two or even more without event. Knowing where my RAM/CPU is at is pretty helpful when I go "oh hey this game is going slow."

But yeah, just cause I use productivity software doesn't mean I'm not constantly gaming too.

I have a few different Metroid desktops. Here's one of my favs, which I call "Corruption".

Memfis said:
http://i.imgur.com/Wf89Ql.jpg
(resized from 1920x1080)

I used black years ago but I prefer something brighter now:

I've themed folders and many icons to go with the background, which is a DOOM palette color :p

Still this :

Though I might revert back to this :

Or I could just draw something else, like what I should be using my spare time to be doing.

I have a similar image as my desktop background, and that part of Australia is a whole lot darker - though still with more lights than you'd expect.