Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Baron-Of-Hell

Nightmare Demon?

A few years ago on Final Doom on the playstation I have seen a demon called a nightmare demon(looks like the pinkie except black), It was in the booklet aswell, but another of my friends bought Final Doom about a month ago and it doesn't have a nightmare demon in it! Has anybody else seen it?

I'm sure someone could/already has made sprites and stuff for one.

Originally posted by Archvile64
I think you might be confusing Final Doom with Doom 64.

actually, i've seen it in the PSX Final Doom, can't remember which level, though.

Nightmare Spectre, a Spectre but darker. I kinda think using that insted of the archavile was a bit lame. but every thing else about PSX doom was kick arse!

(in comic book store guy voice)Best Port Ever

It would be easy to make a Nightmare Demon in EDGE (come to think of it, I may add one into my EDGE project... uhh, actually, maybe not :/ ) I'm happy with my Master Demon that shoots fireballs...

Um, there aren't Nightmare Demons in Doom64, although it has Nightmare Imps.

It's just a negro pinky that is pretty damn persistent in eating you. Personally, I think a Nightmare Demon should be about twenty feet tall and do something that could be vaguely related to a nightmare in some fashion. Other than being eaten by a 20 foot tall black demon with cerebral palsy that is.

Here's a look into the Doom 64 TC... we want to throw Nightmare Imps AND Nightmare Spectres in it. :)

Originally posted by deadnail
Um, there aren't Nightmare Demons in Doom64, although it has Nightmare Imps.

Unh, sorry, haven't played Doom64 in quite a long time.

Doom64: Had 2 new monsters:

Nightmare Imp: A purple toned, semi-transparent imp, which shot purple fireballs which moved twice as fast as da imp's fireballs.

Mother Demon: New final boss.... shot a homing missle from each arm (4 altgother), and little flames along da floor in 3 directions, dat did little damage, but knock you up and back like an arch-vile's attack.

DOOM64 ommitted 4 monsters: Arch-vile, revenant, chaingunner, and spider demon. But had new graphics, music and sounds for everything, and levels. The spectre's were also GREEN, with glowin yellow eyes, and VERY TRANSPARENT in doom64! When they sighted you they went transparent, and when they died, they lost their transparency (TIGHT AS FUCK!!!).

Plus one new weapon: Da alien laser/unmaker/hell laser.

And a new item: 3 artifacts of hell, which powered up da unmaker, and could be used to close da gates in da final map.

PSX DOOM: had one new monster:

Nightmare Demon: a black demon, which took twice as many hits to kill and MAY have moved twice as fast (unsure about da second one).

PSX DOOM ommitted 2 monsters: Arch-vile, and Baphomet da final boss! It had new sounds for everything though, new music, and some new levels.

Ralphis
Zaldron is my lover

weren't you sporting that UD avatar for a lot longer than just now?

Originally posted by orion

weren't you sporting that UD avatar for a lot longer than just now?

yes, he went over 1000 posts, but somehow, a few of them got deleted, sending him back to under 1000.

Millennium has nightmare imps.

I came up with the idea before I heard of the Doom64 nightmare imps though, so it's still an original idea.

one of teh xornox .dehs created a demon which ate you in about 1000 times teh speed of the normal demon. It was also white and blue and melted at death when used with the respective wad.

Heh, i used astrostein2.deh with attack57.wad last night and ended up shooting floating imps out of the sky, as well as dealing with demons that moved at like 2 units a minute. Good fun!

Originally posted by Fredrik
Just use the stealth monsters in ZDoom.

Is that some kind of modified -fast parameter?

Originally posted by Lüt
Is that some kind of modified -fast parameter?

No.. the stealth monsters fade in/out of invisibility, like the nightmare imps in Doom 64.

No.. the stealth monsters fade in/out of invisibility

Oh, is that some kind of flag in the monster properties? I've only seen those on rare occasions, I seem to remember them being the product of archvile resurrections in an earlier version of ZDoom.

like the nightmare imps in Doom 64.

Never played it.

Originally posted by Lüt
Oh, is that some kind of flag in the monster properties? I've only seen those on rare occasions, I seem to remember them being the product of archvile resurrections in an earlier version of ZDoom.

No, they have separate thing ID's (they should be in the monsters list in Deepsea's ZDoom mode. They're used in several WADs, like KZDoom. The resurrected enemies are different - they are constantly transparent (ghosts), while the stealth monsters fade back and forth.

No, they have separate thing ID's (they should be in the monsters list in Deepsea's ZDoom mode. They're used in several WADs, like KZDoom. The resurrected enemies are different - they are constantly transparent (ghosts), while the stealth monsters fade back and forth.

speaking of the stealth monsters. I wonder why they are so hated? I like them. They give a nice challenge and a change from the normal daily shooting.

Originally posted by Maonth

speaking of the stealth monsters. I wonder why they are so hated? I like them. They give a nice challenge and a change from the normal daily shooting.

Hated? Heh, I never heard that... and I think they're awesome myself.

Hated? Heh, I never heard that... and I think they're awesome myself.

Let's put a bundle into 3057!!"#%"#¤"%¤"%¤

The most annoying stealth monster has got to be the archvile :P

Originally posted by Maonth

Let's put a bundle into 3057!!"#%"#¤"%¤"%¤

The most annoying stealth monster has got to be the archvile :P

So put a bundle of stealth archviles into Doom 3057 :D