Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just a little level I made for Doom 1. I haven't been posting much for a while and thought making a new level would be a good idea.

It requires a ZDoom or simular port just because a prefer using the layouts of its choice in Doom Builder.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/build.wad

It's a decent size map for me because to be honest, I can't make large maps very well.

Nice little map that took me around 5 minutes to max, since I lost way too much health in the starting room. I like the layout and pace and use of E1 theme of styling. I'd recommend not to go overboard on the startan variations as I felt like I was moving through the same building the whole time.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I'm totally not knocking your choice of using ZDoom configs for your map, but the map didn't seem to use any ZDoom specific features except for a few spots that used wall textures as flats and flats as wall textures. If this is the case, why not just use vanilla or Boom? That way, people who don't use ZDoom can still play your map.

The map was pretty fun, though. It felt like I was playing a very well-generated SLIGE map. Health was REALLY tight on UV, ammo was way too abundant, but I had fun and finished it in about 5:20.

btw: did you test this in GZDoom or some similar GL port? There are HUGE HOMs in the sky areas, and I think I know why.

Finished it in 9:42 on the first "real" run... can be finished in about 10 seconds in GZDOOM by simply jumping into the exit room. :) Might wanna block those lines.

Only problems I really saw were some missing "lower unpegged" lines on doors..

This level was creative and fun, but I found a few problems. The sky in one of the areas had a HOM effect which made the sky look nasty, and one of the doortracks on one of the doors had the texture COMPTALL for the doortracks and were not lower pegged. But I still thought this WAD was pretty cool and fun to play.

I thought that the sky HOM was something specific to ZDoom, since I used Skulltag. Guess that wasn't the case.

Fisk said:

I'm totally not knocking your choice of using ZDoom configs for your map, but the map didn't seem to use any ZDoom specific features except for a few spots that used wall textures as flats and flats as wall textures. If this is the case, why not just use vanilla or Boom? That way, people who don't use ZDoom can still play your map.

The map was pretty fun, though. It felt like I was playing a very well-generated SLIGE map. Health was REALLY tight on UV, ammo was way too abundant, but I had fun and finished it in about 5:20.

btw: did you test this in GZDoom or some similar GL port? There are HUGE HOMs in the sky areas, and I think I know why.

It's just really because it had a floor option that I used for the one outside that seems to have anything that makes it act correctly in Boom and Doom. I don't know why but it's just only on ZDoom for some reason.

It probably seems simular to SLIGE maps because I've been playing OBLIGE levels lately.

Yes I did test it in GZDoom, kind of a fail on my part really, the outside area I'm not sure how to get the sky to go the whole way around the walls without a HOM. I looked in some of the OBLIGE maps and those ones didn't put any texture on the wall and it worked in GZDoom but obviously not in other versions.