Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Single Level/Short Doom WADs I Can Make Videos For?

I like to make videos of playing through small Doom WADs. I have made videos of good and bad WADs and I would like to know some suggestions for small WAD playthroughs.

Here are my rules for suggestions:

1. I'm only doing WADs with one level right now, unless if all of its levels are very tiny.
  2. The level can't be too long to complete because I don't want to have to record too much video.
  3. If it is said to be a crappy, then check to see if the WAD has crappy texturing and dull fights, and also check if it breaks any of John Romero's design rules.
  4. The WAD must NOT be featured in other YouTube videos because I want to be the first to make the WAD into a video for YouTube. This also goes for WADs featured in my videos.
So if you find a Doom WAD worth recording, then let me know and give me a link.

Here's the playlsit with all the videos I made playing:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF79A8D1FB8459F08

Upcoming WAD Playthroughs:
No WAD playthroughs are planned for now.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I can make a short map for you to play if you want.

That would be nice and I would like to see what you would have in store for me. I also might try out Berserk Bathroom sometime for a video.

Snakes said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's a bit too big for a map.

I've only played a few of Malcolm Sailor's CHORD maps (and his Talosian entries) but he has a wealth of short, difficult maps lauded for his particular style. A full list with links is available here at doomwiki.org. I know CHORD has likely been featured in videos but I rarely see anything about the rest of his levels.

Master Levels. They've been recorded before, but they could always use some love.

Xaser said:

Master Levels. They've been recorded before, but they could always use some love.

I'm genuinely shocked at the lack of end1.wad in your post.

Here's the map:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3465jn088ljt3v5

Requires NB_RECOL.wad and runs on map 23

Enjoy. It's a tough one.

Thanks, but some of the textures won't load because they are white and gray squares. I loaded both the WAD with the file NB_RECOL.wad , but is this the NB_RECOL WAD?

Also, I tried loading both files with C#4rp Doom Launcher and I tried running the WADs with ZDoom and Skulltag. What could I be doing wrong? Could it be the source port or what? Also, do I use the Doom 2 IWAD to play your map?

Here's the map:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3465jn088ljt3v5

Requires NB_RECOL.wad and runs on map 23

Enjoy. It's a tough one.

Post dat shit in the Mayhem 2012 thread.

Timestamp for map is 4.29.12 never mind :(

Snakes said:

I'm genuinely shocked at the lack of end1.wad in your post.

Me too, in retrospect. I feel naughty. D:

Redeeming myself now. Rule-stretching aside, it's a great wad and you should play it.

Um, A little self-promoting here too, but I'd like to see a demo of someone playing my Wonderland project. Levels 1-5 are more on the short side. Skip 6 since its still a work in progress.

I tried out General Rainbow Bacon's map he made a few days ago and it was fun. As for a video, I'll see what I can do someday.

As for Philnemba's map, I'll try it out soon and see if I want to make a video for it as well.

NitroactiveStudios said:

So if you find a Doom WAD worth recording, then let me know and give me a link.

People don't like my wads, but I would be happy, if you recorded mine: here please.

Slaughter speedmapping by Katamori. :3

Or Probably: Temple of Chaos 2 - Warped Reality by AgentSpork. In 2009 I've already made two gameplay videos about it, but let me allow you to get rid of them, because those records had poor quality.