Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Adrian Carmack

His wikipedia page was enlightening for me. I never knew that he wasn't related to John Carmack at all. Nor did I know that he coined the term "gibs". Sounds like a cool dude.

yellowmadness54 said:

Adrian left ID, aswell sued them for something, I believe.

He claimed his company shares buyout was worth somewhere around forty-million instead of his fourteen or so million deal becasue, at the time, Activition was buying id. The Activision buyout fell through, so they rendered the case moot.

Early on in Wrack, Bobby suggested bringing him on board since he thought working on something pretty Doom-like would be right up his alley. Sadly, neither of us could find any way to contact him.

Hellbent said:

...and Kevin Cloud for that matter.

I hope he sticks around, because he seems pretty much to be the identifiable actor playing Doomguy, correct?

Carnevil said:

Early on in Wrack, Bobby suggested bringing him on board since he thought working on something pretty Doom-like would be right up his alley. Sadly, neither of us could find any way to contact him.

I'm not sure his art style would be very fitting for Wrack don't you think? I always figured he was always the bloody gorey demented torture type of guy. But that's just speculation.

Or at least, he was 20 years ago. Back when he started getting tired of the kiddy cartoony Keen universe.

Also, video games weren't his thing IIRC. We owe him a lot for the gory fest anyway.

printz said:

I hope he sticks around, because he seems pretty much to be the identifiable actor playing Doomguy, correct?

I want to shake his hand so badly. I would never wash it again. I remember I think it was the postmortem where he was speaking I just kept starting at his hands. Doomguy's hands.

Also, the new Adrian Carmack picture on doomwiki.org is way different than what I thought he looked like. I always saw the picture of him from behind with his long black hair making the clay model, so I always pictured him as a stereotypical goth kid.

This picture dates from when he was working on Doom 3, right? Who knows how he looks like now... we could be even more surprised.

DuckReconMajor said:

so I always pictured him as a stereotypical goth kid.

wat.

Ditto on the shaking hand part though.

Though, I think I'd be violently assimilated by my raging nerd boner if that happened with John Romero.

Romero's boner looks an awful lot like someone's hairy arm!

Hahaha

Putting the s in sexy.

Adrian is one of my favorite artists - great design and polished approach.

As much respect for these guys that I have, that's the awkwardest photo I've ever seen.

DoomUK said:

As much respect for these guys that I have, that's the awkwardest photo I've ever seen.

I want to know what happens next.