Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
broden

doom sounds

i've been playing doom since the beginning .. and i realy miss the sounds .. how do i get good ol' doom to play with sounds on todays new computers??

thanks in advance for any info on this at all

Originally posted by broden
i've been playing doom since the beginning .. and i realy miss the sounds .. how do i get good ol' doom to play with sounds on todays new computers??

thanks in advance for any info on this at all

Dump ME or XP and get a good ol' DOS based OS.

do not settle for anything less than XP, for it is the shit.

Originally posted by orion
do not settle for anything less than XP, for it is the shit.

I SURE hope you're only fucking around......

winxp is the shit, never crashed on me, and works soo much faster than 98 it's not even funny. Plus it smells real nice.

winxp is the shit, never crashed on me, and works soo much faster than 98 it's not even funny. Plus it smells real nice.

I don't give a rat's ass about all that. It's not DOS based, and that's enough of a turn-off for me. Plus the fact that it's TOO easy to use I hate.

As I said, XP = Xtremely Pathetic, and it's RETARD-friendly, not just user-friendly.

uh ok, you can keep living in the early 90's if you want, it doesn't matter to me.

uh ok, you can keep living in the early 90's if you want, it doesn't matter to me.

And you can keep being a comformist :P

well what the hell do you really expect? do you want the whole world to come to a stand still just so people can play 10 year old games? common. Microsoft's goal is to satisfy the majority of people, and since majority of people are retarted they need to do something about that.

Microsoft's goal is to satisfy the majority of people

1)If that really was their goal, they wouldn't make crappy OS's
2)No, their goal is to fuck people over and then run away with the money and control our minds and fool people into thinking its the best and...and...and....AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! BILL GATES MUST DIE!!!!!!

:)

XP is not a crappy OS just because it can't run 10 year old games!

yes if u want to play the original doom.exe you MUST have a DOS based OS. i would recomend having win95B. win98 is good but sound can be tricky to setup, and u may get stuck with general MIDI which degrades the music. however i would sudgest useing zdoom or legacyGL. never and i mean NEVER use doom95.exe it is horrible and the original DOS exe is better.
as for the winXP and DOS debate. no matter how good XP is i will not buy it unless it gets around $100. i will never pay above 100 for any software, unless it is some sort of licence. Plus i dont support new microsoft due to increaseing reliance on microsoft OS. look at the whole deal with win modems. though i use microsoft software, i dont like recent things i have seen in that company. even more so with the requirements to buy XP and other microsoft stuff around here

I'm not spamming or flaming!!! YOU DAMN ROTTEN CHUNK OF TESTICAL HAIR
GNARF GNARF GNARF!!!! NIN SUCKS!!!!
=]

as for the winXP and DOS debate. no matter how good XP is i will not buy it unless it gets around $100. i will never pay above 100 for any software, unless it is some sort of licence.

win xp home edition upgrade is only $99.99

yea i know the upgrades are only 99.99, but i never buy upgrades. I buy the stright full thing. however in a year or 2 it should be down to about that price or something new will be out. besides i am makeing the shift toward LINUX which is more cost effective and more can be done with it

I'm not spamming or flaming!!!=]

Sure you aren't....

YOU DAMN ROTTEN CHUNK OF TESTICAL HAIR

At least I have it :)

GNARF GNARF GNARF!!!!

FNORD FNORD FNORD!!!!

NIN SUCKS!!!!

One of these days you might actually HEAR enough of NIN to actually make a veritable opinion. I was the same way. Didn't make my judgement until I heard ALL 4 ALBUMS!

Originally posted by Crendowing
What kind of mini-war is this? Spamming or flaming? :)

Spaming
Its Spaming + Flaming. Its Spaming. Its all the rage. 0wn3d. ph33r. j00 f00.

hey orion thanks .. just like the good old days .. never thought i would get to hear all those sounds again .. especially since i changed them all ..almost all anyway took me forever back in the day to to get it all just right .. to my ear anyway

well thanks again

argh cren, it shouldn't take 4 cd's to make me like a band. I fell in love with nirvana the first time I heard smells like teen spirit, and I still like em till this day. I've heard a whole NIN cd, and then some from time to time on the tv or at a friends, just doesn't do anything for me.

no problem broden.

I can't wait to get WinXP but don't think for one moment I won't be keeping this 98SE-based HD up and running.

I haven't ruled out dual OS'es yet, either, thought it could be though... any hints? anyone planning on doing same?

Windows > Linux

Unless you're a 1337 k1dd13 h4><0r or a free software communist dirty GNU hippie.

argh cren, it shouldn't take 4 cd's to make me like a band.

In NIN's case, you'd have to. Each album is a completely different style from one of the other ones.

Oh, and you're only showing your ignorance by referring to NIN as a "band". It's pretty much only Trent Reznor for the studio stuff. Sure, Jerome Dillon, Charlie Clouser, Danny Lohner, and Robin Finck play the instruments during concerts and maybe do some of the mixing in the studio, but the actual stuff is made soley by Reznor. He just does the parts of the song piece by piece. I don't want to start another NIN war.

Back me up Danny Boy :)