Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Most users ever online was 694 on 05-03-12 at 07:49.

Didn't notice that and wouldn't have expected anything less than Doom4 to produce those sorts of numbers - despite everyone here already hating it.

Philnemba said:

How in the holy hell did Doomworld nearly get 700 members at the same time O_o

Not necessarily members. At a guess, I'd say the forum was either Slashdotted or subjected to a half-hearted DDoS attack.

Dragonsbrethren said:

I went outside once. It was terrifying.

I went outside once also. The graphics were actually pretty good. It made me realize it was time to upgrade my video card.

So sometimes going outside is good.

Animation's smoother and looks to be randomized, the AI can be challenging even without the added complication of having to handle encounters without a visible list of options. I'd like to be able to turn the brightness down a bit.

Don't forget to level grind your lawnmower before the weekend so you can face against a tough boss called grass.

yukib1t said:

Maybe because 30 prostitutes were found to have HIV in Greece?

Why would that lousy thread have a big impact on forum popularity? What's so special about it?

printz said:

Why would that lousy thread have a big impact on forum popularity? What's so special about it?

It details the downfall of the Glorious Greek People by evil and dirty foreigners whom have introduced diseases to destroy the Greeks and their rich heritage.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Satan, because he's sick of having his place trashed every time one of us dies.

I'm pretty sure he's almost out of demons at this point because of all the sessions of Doom that've been played over the years.

printz said:

I was only halfway serious, but it could just be a certain combination of keywords combined with a current event.

MRB_Doom is too close to the truth therefore US Army sent cyberspies to prepare an assault with valuable data.

K!r4 said:

MRB_Doom is too close to the truth therefore US Army sent cyberspies to prepare an assault with valuable data.

It's a really bad idea to mess with the pit demons when they have access to our universe. Perhaps Dr. Betruger is a little bit cocky ever since the invasion of Mars and it's moons.

Amazing things will happen here soon, you (to Betruger) just wait!

Dragonsbrethren said:

Satan, because he's sick of having his place trashed every time one of us dies.

hahaha

Anyway, on the alexa page for Doomworld, there was a 2.96% increase last month in searches for "doom wad" leading people to Doomworld. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

how much more is 694 than the last time it broke the record? I thought it was like 500 something.

40oz said:

how much more is 694 than the last time it broke the record? I thought it was like 500 something.

The previous record was either at 314 or 317 IIRC.

Aw come on people, stop being so suspicious, let's just warmly welcome all new members in our open community!

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay yaaaaa

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay yaaaa...

Oh wow. All those memories of going to church in primary school are flooding back now, and that time I walked into a lab full of Africans singing hymns as they worked which was surreal.

So what exactly was it that brought all those visitors? The Greek AIDs thing?

another cynical political post courtesy of technician.

GreyGhost said:

Might be Asian cyber-thieves searching for the BFG900's blueprints.

They can have it, we already have the technology to build the BFG9000.

Last year I made a thread in Everything Else go up to hundreds of thousands of views, but this is beyond my simple tricks. All else fails, we just point the finger at 40oz.

My bad. I dumped my PC in a dimensional rift (for science) and forgot to log out first.

On a completely unrelated note, I have a few hundred extra PCs to get rid of. Leave me your address and home phone number and send me $1000 cash in advance and I'll make sure to ship one out to ya.